Players not happy with fans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 6, 2010.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The statements can be found in the Advocate. Rosetta was commenting on his article he wrote yesterday. He said he was surprised about how much they defended him and how much respect he has from his team. That tells me all I need to know...something I kind of heard anyway and why I defend Miles somewhat even now.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

You're right, it has been going on all year. Seems to have reached a boiling point now, and perhaps that is what's needed to jump start things.

:geauxtige

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

What was very encouraging is that he said the team has the same look they had after the Ark. loss in '07. Pissed off and ready to take it out on an opponent.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I don't think anyone would disagree that Miles is a great mentor to the players. I would love for him to be the coach for a very long time, if only they sent him to clock management school. After the Ole Miss game last year this should have been corrected.

Also can't deny his ability to recruit, which is pretty big in college.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

It's rally time.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

honestly, i would be a little pissed too. Les is like a father figure to alot of these kids, i was watching an interview with Drake Nevis the other day, and Les kind of kicked the interview off and you could tell the respect Drake had for Les. I think they all love him, and want to play for him, and want to go to war for him, and now is their chance to do what they can do for their coach. To come out and make a statement.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, this may provide the proverbial "chip on the shoulder" that the team needed. With Lee getting comfortable, this could very well be a confluence of the things needed to get the team on track.

Damn, I can't imagine our defense playing any more pissed off than they already have, but I'd love to see it!

1 person likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

you can see the respect former players had, too, in the Heart of Geauxld video. he just needs to change OCs, get the offense going and all will be well again. after the Tenn debacle in '05, the ship was righted, and a Tennessee game provides a launching point again.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's an added pressure that can work both ways. When a kid plays "to prove a point" it can come back to get 'em too. They're best when they just go out and play. There should be no need for extra motivation vs. Florida, or any time they suit up for that matter.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The "they" that need to rally is really "we". We as fans need to rally aroud this team and support the team.

We have a shot at another national title. Lets not lose site of the forest because of the trees.

I love my Tigers even if we have an amusingly crazy head coach and an inept OC.

Again, we need to rally around the team and show them that we support them. Its like supporting our troops...we may not agree with the reason to go to war, but no one wants any of our troops to get hurt or killed and we want to make sure they have everything they need to get the job done right.