Players not happy with fans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 6, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You don't get to the college level without being competitive and having much intrinsic motivation. In fact, all things equal, they're more often than not they are overly motivated to go out and play hard. This is more of a problem than lack of motivation, in general.

Then you wouldn't be "agreeing" and I do agree with you on that, about the focus.

2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

--Kinda like, "Let's win one for the Hatter"?

That's fine! All the fans have a want to see a pissed off, explosive, "out-to-prove-themselves-once-and-for-all" offense!

I want THE EARTHQUAKE GAME II at the 'Bama-LSU battle on Nov. 6. Let the offense play up to the depth of talent that they have, and we may wind up with 93,000-plus hearing-impaired people in Baton Rouge. Geaux Tigers.

--(Really! Bleeding from the ears is a GOOD sign).

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Of course. But it evens out when you consider that nearly every other collegiate player has that same drive. Don't fool yourself; emotion is a big part of the college game. Think back to 2004 when UGA could not wait to get revenge on us for beating them twice the year before. They came out and stomped our sorry, Saban-coached asses.

2 people like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but this is just the kind of thing that can carry a team for 2 or 3 games. maybe more. a team with something to prove is a good thing.

this could be a big plus for LSU. this is not the just the other team demeaning their coach, its from within albeit deserved it doesnt matter. this could be the thing that adds the extra focus that cleans up their play enough to win a couple of games they may not have otherwise.

this is a unique position this team faces and its all good (for now).

how they handle it we will see.

the UF outcome may determine how the rest of the season plays out.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

So whats your thoughts with a hurt Brantley and a one-legged Demps?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if not in their house and coming off a loss id say a coin-flip.

a hurt brantley is still a better passer with his opposite hand than JJ in the swamp.

demps has been hurt all year but still looked good in their last home game against kentucky although still limited.

if they keep running the spread with brantley it will become the battle of buffoons at HC.

unfortunately, i think we out-buffoon them and lose.

i actually see lee killing us with picks.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I hope he doesn't, but you are right, we will out-buffoon them because they will be reluctant to let Lee throw the ball due to Florida's NFL secondary and thats no exaggeration.

They will continue to run the spread and Demps is probably worst than they are saying.

I think Lucky Les pulls another one out on the road, but you know how my predictions have gone this year so, ignore me. because I am ignoring my own predictions. From here on, whoever I think will win I will pick the other team.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Oh, come on Swami-Tirk! :hihi: Think positive.:thumb: Really hopin' to see JL play a strong game this weekend. :LSU231:

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not all men are created equal though. :yelwink2:

I do understand what you're saying about emotion too though.

10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

All the Saints players loved Jim Haslett. They also had team meetings.

This can only be corrected on the field. They can say what they want, but until this offense can actually be a positive factor in a game, it's just talk. The competition is about to get a lot tougher. Less than 100 yards passing isn't going to get it done.

1 person likes this.