Players not happy with fans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 6, 2010.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I agree with this.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Not to get political, but you would love to have a beer with GWB? Your standards for drinkin' buddies might need some addressing.

Back to the thread, no crap the players aren't happy with the fans, we're awful.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

are you referring to playing down to an opponent?

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I could see this too. But It's our best shot, let Lee sling it Favre style win or lose.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Because JJ hasn't been successful already at killing drives for us?

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Personally, I want more of a VT in 2007 style performance from the Tigahs. I was at the Earthquake game, but was only 20 at the time. My heart could handle that, no problem. Nowadays, my heart has been tested for 3 years straight...no...3 1/2 years straight, and I don't know if I could handle that. In fact, even if the result wound up the same...I would probably miss Fuller catching it in the end zone, because I would have already coded when Fuller MISSED the one in the end zone. :eek:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they arent mutually exclusive. i never said jj was the answer. in fact, id give lee the opportunity to implode. its not his fault les failed to get him ready for this game. now we are stuck with the worst of the 2 qbs starting in the swamp for that reason.

id start shepard.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I know, right? Our offense was horrible the night of the Earthquake Game, sadly a precurser to times to come...and we actually had a QB then.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Either that or transfer.

There's a thread on the recruiting forum about whether or not the lack of offensive production, mismanaged timeclock, etc. will have a negative effect on recruiting. I do know that from people I have spoken to in the past, the position coach is what matters most staff-wise to recruits just after how soon they'll see the field and how much playing time they get. I can promise you that the fan treatment of the players (Booing) has a much, much greater negative impact on recruiting. That is not to say that is has a big impact, but that the impact is bigger than what fans deem are bone-headed calls.

I had a conversation with a current NFL player who played for Miles at OSU shortly after he was hired at LSU. His exact words to me were "He'll make a dumb decision every once in a while and it might cost LSU a game, but the players will lover playing for him." So far, that has held true.

10. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Doesn't everyone err at times?