Playing OK in the regular season too risky?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Mar 10, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Any Tiger fan in their right mind would love to see these great games, but mind over heart - Losses destroy seasons. Wins create opportunities. Who is scared of OU? Screw OU - I want the best opportunity to be successful and in college football success is measured in wins and championships. I want to compete for more SEC and National Championships and we don't need to be playing top 5 opponents before getting on the road and running the SEC gauntlet. Let the other conferences that NEED bigger and better competition come up to our level before we turn up the heat.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First off, better competition will make us better going into the SEC games. second, if we can't play good teams and win a NC than we shouldn't be the NC. Third, now I see while fans from all over the country cna't stand many SEC fans, they think the SEC is the only football in the country and that is BS. Fourth, like i said the focus should always be winning the SEC by first winning the SEC West, not the NC. Just because we won one NC doesn't mean that should be our focus. The focus should always be to play the best teams that can compete with us, not gauranteed wins.

3. SoonerInFla

SoonerInFla Freshman

I'm a little surprised at the people who aren't happy about the LSU/OU series. You are the Defending National Champions. Each team has been extremely successful for the past several years and there is no reason to think this trend will fall off. Arguably the two best coaches in the country. Tiger Stadium ( Hopefully at night.) Owen Field. What more can you ask for? I say "Hats Off " to both Atheletic Directors. This is what College Football is all about.

4. cajdav1

I'm surprised too, some are afraid it might keep us from winiong a NC, geesh.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

What guaranteed wins? UAB ring a bell? The SEC is the best conference in the country. Who cares that "fans all over the country can't stand SEC fans" - who are you trying to please? I will take wins over all the other crap - since when do you decide what the focus of the program is? The focus is to win an SEC Championship and then go from there. Playing top 5 teams is too risky if USC and others are not. The SEC is a big enough war to fight in for now - you and your Sooner friends can take the "SEC is not the best" talk somewhere else...

6. cajdav1

BB, kiss my arse. You're just plain ole chicken sh!t, that's all. And just because others have a different opinion you want to take your ball and go home, boo whoo!!! :cry:

7. BB

BB Founding Member

You are right - I'm terrified of OU. I can't sleep at night thinking about the possibility of playing the Sooners. You are too chicken **** to use your brain for 3 to 5 minutes at a time. I'm glad that internet forums don't produce leaders and decision makers, particularly for LSU Sports.

YOU HAVE CALLED ME A CHICKEN AND OFFICIALLY TAKEN THIS DISCUSSION TO A SECOND GRADE LEVEL AND LOST ALL CREDIBILITY. See you at recess jackass - we're going to play dodgeball...

8. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

I would love a home and home with OU. i want to play the best OOC teams possible. plus i would like to go on a non-SEC road trip to a great college football enviroment like Owen Field.

I dont think LSU will lose too many more to the likes of UAB any time soon as long as Saban is here; when we lost to UAB Saban was still getting his system and attitude instilled in the players. Saban teams are not going to go into games against a UAB expecting an automatic win.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Those fans are definately in the minority ... there's a buzz here in Tigerland about the possibility of having OU play in Tiger Stadium.

And I do hope LSU is smart enough to negotiate a TV contract without having to play during the day. That would be one electric stadium at night!

I look forward to making a trip to Owen Field...

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

LOL, what a statement. Sounds like you want to decide the focus of the program as well!

Apparently Skip and Nick decided they wanted to play OU and disagrees with you about playing a Top 5 team ... and THEY DECIDE THE FOCUS OF THE PROGRAM!