Plea to CLM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Hopefully this season will gain him more support in Baton Rouge. He really does deserve the FULL support of the fan base. That's the only reason I could see him leaving. I hope he doesn't feel unappreciated. I would be just aweful if our own fans run argueably our best coach ever out of town. A coaching change would most likely put the nail in the coffin of any and all National Title hopes next season when the game is in the Superdome. Hopefully the local media(newspapers, local news stations, tv and radio especially) listen up and help change the local perception of Miles. You'd be surprised at how much perception is influenced by the media. We should all pull together and let Les know how much we appreciate him. How great he is for this program, and how great this program has become under his guide. Let's keep this train rollin'!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

its not a surprise. and the national media just parrots that our fan base hates him. they dont mention it is a small vocal minority.

i talk football with my physical therapist, and when i come in, they now automatically turn the tv from chick talk shows to espn. today my pt said to me "i didnt realize how much the lsu fans hate les miles". i almost came unglued.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That's what I'm saying. If the local media would start being more positive and support Miles instead of criticise, it could go a long way. Even ESPN mentioned how good his record is at LSU. Not to give them credit, though, b/c they DEFINITELY don't deserve it.

4. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Founding Member

And from the rest of the SEC.....please....lifetime contract

1 person likes this.
  5. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I knew all along CLM would listen to me......he loves all of my post.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Danthetigerfan again."

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Seeing the words 'stevescookin', 'spread', and 'around' on the same screen are way too much for me!

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Agreed. :thumb:

When a coach has 4 of your programs' 6, 11-win seasons (in 5 years)--especially in the rough-n-tumble SEC, you've got a "winning coach".

Can't say he's feeding off Saban's recruits....and though we've yet to see him, it's fair to say that Miles has landed a top-notch QB (Mettenberger)--something he had been unfairly criticized by some for "not recruiting" lately.

Can't say he's not a good disciplinarian/administrator as he's shown he's not affraid to remove problem players from the football team. He's dismissed two 5-star players (Perrilloux and Zhamal Thomas), a 4-start LB (Odom) and an OL that ended up starting for aTm (Matt Allen) amongst others. He's also dismissed an assistant coach for violation of NCAA rules (McCarthey) and self-imposed a 2 scholarship reduction because of it.

He's got LSU stocked full of YOUNG talent and poised to make another BCS run in '11 and beautifully addressed one of the glaring needs (QB play/depth) with what should be 2 quality players (Mettenberger and Rivers).

The best part, unlike Saban, Miles is genuine, upfront and honest in reguards to his potential job offers and didn't say one thing and do the opposite. That in of itself is TOP NOTCH!!!:miles:

And to be fair, Miles has heeded to the fans/supporters with changes in his coaching staff (at least to some degree). When Pelini left, he experimented with a co-coordinator system out of loyalty (and that's important to people in the coaching profession) but didn't waste any time in moving to replace the parts that weren't working. Crowton's offense, IMO, is nearing that stage--but unlike Peveto/Mallory defense, Crowton has shown some impressive gameplans (vs 'Bama and aTm just to name a few) spinkled in but most have been some stinkers. Is it Crowton's offense that stagnates over time as some suggest? Or does it do that when the QB's running it aren't on par? Either way, with Mettenberger on board, we're about to find the answer real soon. My guess, is that if Crowton's offense isn't more consistant next season, Miles' next decision will be to bring in another OC... but that's getting off a bit off course.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You probably have been reading New Urban Dictionary a little too much lately haven't you !!

:rofl:

Cajun Sensation in 3...2...1...

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

did i miss something??? is this thread a joke?? did somebody maybe steal dan's user name and password??? maybe one of his kids!

somebody please fill me in on the joke here!!