Please somebody tell me why this nightmare is all too familar.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sabertooth, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

This game seems like a exact carbon copy of the Wisconsin game in the Sweet 16.

LSU sure does not play well when the official let them play and they are playing against more physical teams. What a bad break to get couple with ice cold shooting and lights out shooting.

Purdue is not a better team than LSU but they sure are on the court today.

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

its a shame too because if we made it past Purdue we could have easily made a run. Oh well.

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

The last thing

The last thing I want to do is be negative.

I think we have to put things in perspective. This Tiger team was all but dead at the end of January. It took a small miracle for this team to make it into the NCAA tournment. All in all, we should all be happy how this season turned out.

The horses are coming in next year. Let's just hope Brady can find the right chemistry early on in the year.

I want to end by congrulating Purdue on a near perfect game with the exception of the turnovers they committed. They were nearly 100% from the free-throw line and shoot lights out from 3-point range. When you combine them two you will not lose too many games.

I do admit I do not enjoy watching the style of basketball that was played today as a spectator. Purdue had a gameplan - foul Lloreda early and often aka Hack a Shaq. They were by far a more physical team and the officials let them play, which work out perfectly for them.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sports Illustrated had them all the way to the final 8. Talk about a bracket buster.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Not as bad as the Final Four (me). My bracket is spontaneously combusting as we speak. :(

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

was like the wisconsin game... they foul 30 times and only get 10 called. Powerful SEC has 3 bounced from the tourney in first round.

I want to point out a truly class act if anyone saw it. With time running down, Coach Brady went to Bridgewater to put him in the game. Jaime saw this and on his own, called time out so Bridgewater could get into the game sooner.

That is what it is all about. A big time class act from a player that showed up to play his guts out today. Hope I was not the only one that saw this.

7. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

It was the ESPN curse. Lee Corso picked us to go to the Fiesta bowl for the NC. We choke in the Arkansas game and face Texas in the Cotton Bowl. We put up a good effort but loose. Digger picked us to beat Purdue and face Texas in the second round. He said we basically would beat them. I hope they won't pick us to win again. I also find it strange that both picks involved Texas.