Please someone answer the question

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by busybee, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and agree that ALL the politicians pretty much are looking out for themselves.

I posted an outsourcing versus insourcing post around here sometime ago.
    There are more jobs leaving than coming in right now but the leftists want
    to only talk about the jobs leaving without mentioning the insourcing.
    Nothing is ever perfect though, we don't live in a perfect world.

Health care is still a problem in this country that no one has fixed but i'm not
    sure if there is a way to fix it.
    No matter what plan comes up all the hard working people would have to pay
    for it probably the middle class once again.

I am also a business owner here in Colorado,We finally got health insurance for our family after not having it for 2 years.

I will also say that I bet there are jobs around, maybe jobs no one wants to do but I would argue that people now days would rather be unemployed and
    get by versus bagging groceries or working fast food.

I would argue that its easier getting a job if you already have one versus being unemployed and trying to find one.

I've done all of these things in tough times that I've been through in my life.

When times are good not everyone has it good at that time and the same applies for the other flip of the coin.

I don't agree that Bush is profitting on this war so I don't know what U mean and what does the elderly with medicare in Iraq have anything to do with elderly in the US?

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

No one is anti-helping our own buddy....You are talking like we are all against helping people. We're not saying that. What we are saying is that if we don't settle certain things overseas(i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan), then the possibility of us even having health care is void. Thats what I love about the "anti-war" crowd. They think that we are completely neglecting what is hapening in our own borders. Have they not stopped to think that we are solving our own problems by removing fascists, dictators, terrorists, and other people who make it their lives to kill Americans on their own soil????

Also, you say it was "rumored" that 400,000 jobs were created. That's no rumor, my friend...those are economic figures...Use google to search for evidence for your "rumor." I am sure the Fed has plenty of concrete evidence for your "rumor."

Also, please propose what you would do differently. Please enlighten us on how you will stop the outsourcing......

Give me a break...

:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

outsourcing is good. why should mexicans who are qualified and willing to work for less be denied jobs? i love mexicans.

4. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

That's what politicians do. Always have, always will.

To address your healthcare issue:

I don't think the GOPs Medicare plan was the greatest, but it is a start.

Bush is however, stepping up with plans to address the problems with medical malpractice. Frivilous lawsuits and inflated rewards cost Americans way more than you realize, and it's a problem that should've been addressed long ago.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yep...it's become a bad problem in some states. Malpractice insurance in Florida is so high that a lot of Doctors are choosing to forgo it completely.

6. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

Couldn't agree more. And don't forget, this country has an outsourcing surplus -- we get more jobs insourced than we outsource.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My parents are both living and are reaping the benefits of a life of hard work. The do not now, nor did they ever, expect the government, politicians, or whatever to provide for them. Take care of yourself and let others do the same. For crying out loud, Bush has been President for less than 4 years and suddenly everything is his GD fault.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I work for a value added master distributor...and we have as our niche being well knowledgeable and highly trained in the fields we cover and distribute for..and my company made a killing...

Matter of fact, in an industry that's going to the dogs...we've just increased our workforce by 50%...and the compensation rate for what I do is ridiculous...

It took 6 weeks of training...and the experience I have is now applicable to almost any industry...

You say you're a manager at a radio station, and no one wants to buy advertising...what about real estate firms and moving companies?

Bottom line, whine all you want, but if you haven't realized by this time that you alone will dictate how successful you are, not the government, then you're not smart enough to be successful.

BTW-You'll also dictate how successful your kiddos are, too...Because your work ethic will trickle down to them...You will be their example...You're setting their tone, as we speak...So get your ass off your shoulders and stop complaining...Stop identifying problems readily seen by even the most ignorant in your community, and start finding out how to solve them with your own actions...

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

another chance to quote my favorite writer:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

- HL Mencken

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Drum roll please.......Excellent post. I fully agree.