Please someone answer the question

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by busybee, Apr 25, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

If we are quoting authors, I feel this one is relevant:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone.... but they've always worked for me. "
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I like "Yea, and God said to Abraham, 'You will kill your son Isaac.' And Abraham said, 'I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone.' And God said, 'Oh, I'm sorry, is this better? Check, check, check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here.'" - Stewie Griffin

I know it has nothing to do with this subject, but I saw it again on Thursday and cannot get it out of my head.

3. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

YEAH!!! The really scary part was when they convinced me, that hobgoblins could fly!!! ---------------------------------------------JETS!!

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, all your quotes are fine and good, but i liked mine the best. politicians have to put some problems in our heads that they can solve if you elect them. like outsourcing or health care. those are not even government problems. those are private industry questions. the government has no responsibility to provide health care, but inevitably some politician will promise it to us, and we are too stupid to understand that we pay for it, whether we get it from the government or buy it directly.

politicians need to have us scared of things like outsourcing, so we will see them as the guys with the solutions and vote for them, when those solutions actually will come from the private sector.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Martin...Are you an independent? I mean, your party is your business, as is your political leaning, but I get a SERIOUS vibe from you at times that you're out past Ralph Nader on some things, and then you go all Bobby Jindal on me at other points...

Where do you land? I mean, the only way I can see you is as an independent, because your views you espoused some time ago on this board of the site sounded way, way, WAY out there...

Care to clarify for the interested?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

sure no problem. i vote republican. i lean libertarian but not to the extent that i oppose public schools and libraries. obviously my main problem with republicans is their religious ties. to me the idea that "sins" like gambling and doing drugs and having sex with hookers is illegal is completely absurd, since all those things are obviously really fantastic. so i am not a fan of moralists on the right. i am in favor of freedom for individuals in basically every case, except when the other option is security. for example i oppose taxes funding almost everything, except i love the patriot act.

so the simple answer to your question is that i am a republican, and a big supporter of george bush. i have been a registered republican since i was 18.

i think ralph nader is terrible and the personification of all the negative qualities of a self serving demagogue politician.