Plenty of Kentucky fans in Baton Rouge the first Sunday in March

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I am sure that come the first sat of March that the PMAC will be filled with mostly Kentucky fans to watch the game. These Kentucky fans however will be dressed in Purple and Gold.. Confused??? Well it is a fact. Many LSU fans will come out in droves to watch Kentucky play but won't come out and support our team against Tennessee, Auburn, et al. I am a bit tounge in cheek with this analysis but it is the truth.

Our basketball team needs the support of our fans at EVERY game not just against big name opponents. They play just as hard against Kentucky as they do against Louisiana Monroe. It is ashame that our overall fan base doesn't play as hard as our team. We should be ashamed that we don't come out and support this team no matter what. Arkansas does it, Florida does it, Kentucky does it, South Carolina does it... It is time for the best fans as we are called in football to give the support this basketball program deserves.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The first saturday of march the PMAC will be empty, the Tiger will be in Auburn. The "Kentucky" fans would be about a week late for the LSU vs Kentucky game.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The game is on 2/29. "Leap Day".

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I stand corrected.. dates are wrong but the story is the same.

5. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

People should show up to every game. Of course, a regular fan would rather see LSU play Kentucky than they would ULL. I have been to every game that I can go to, no matter who the opponent is. I think and hope that if LSU wins against Auburn, Moo U, and Vandy, the PMAC will be packed and hopefully sold out. If a highly ranked Kentucky comes to play a 20-4 LSU team, the Deaf Dome better be sold out. I know I'll be there.