PMAC atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

The thing about basketball is this...

They go back and forth on the court all game. Sometimes they are bad, sometimes they are good... fact is.. basketball is just ...it doesn't have a sense of urgency like you do in football. In football you methodically march down the field and you HAVE to score. Basketball is back and forth, back and forth with no stops. In football you have time between each play so you get a break and get a chance to get all riled up. Can't sit there and scream the entire basketball game. Shrug. That's just my opinion.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

When I go to a LSU basketball game, I get into the game. It's not a problem at all to do so. The sounds and spirit of LSU are abundant in the PMAC, no matter how many people are there. It certainly does not compare to a packed house but at least the people who are there truly enjoy and support the LSU basketball team.

.......which is lot better than some people who only follow "winners" as determined by win/loss records.

4. peterkylesen

peterkylesen Freshman

I love basketball, and scream throughout the game but mostly at how much Brady stinks.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Till you guys realize that John Brady needs to go, then you can complain about the atmosphere all you like...It won't change it.

See, fans have a way of voicing their approval or disapproval in a very subtle yet noticeable way...You see, they just won't show up. Brady has consistently drawn sparse and anemic crowds, and eroded the fanbase with his ridiculously consistent inconsistent performances.

They lose 4/5, and then win three in a row, only to lose 2 in a row, then to win, lose, then win, and then lose three straight, only to win his final four to scratch his way to something memorable.

Well, there is no consistent upswing in support amongst the fanbase with that kind of listless, up and down performance...Hell,the '00 season opener was very, VERY sparsely attended...and so were all the games up until the Tennessee game, which was our first loss of the year...

Why? Because we went on a winning streak, pummeled weaker teams at home, and then went on the road and beat some decent teams in Hawaii...and we gradually built the excitement level...

No team since then has ever been able to do that. So you never see a slow groundswell of support of this team, or this program...It's like Louisiana's vulnerable coastline...Eventually, there won't be any coast left...and Arkansas will have nice new beachfront property if we don't stop and do something about it...

Eventually, Brady will have nothing left to stand on...Nothing at all....

But, the question is...What is he standing on right now?

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The ONLY thing I can figure is it's a matter of priorities. For some reason, the basketball program is just not a priority. Perhaps they're still skittish after the Lester Earl situation. I don't know. We've never had a consistent powerhouse of a program, but we also haven't had to put up with being THIS much of a cellar dweller.

I really gave Brady the benefit of the doubt for years, but I've just gotta wonder what they're thinking now. Does this guy have some sort of long range plan that he's just decided to delay for a few years or is he executing the plan now, and the plan just sucks? :confused:

7. TigerEducated

Well, we know one person who doesn't know anything about LSU Basketball, LOL!

8. NoLimitMD

Are you referring to me? Seriously? How many national championships? Final Fours? Solid records and tourney APPEARANCES do not a powerhouse make. We're not talking about a Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UCLA, etc. type program here.

9. TigerEducated

We were an ELITE tier program from the late 70's through the early 90's, man...More than a decade of dominance...We got no national championships, but neither had Syracuse before Carmelo Anthony's one hit wonder...

We went to Two Final Fours, and yearly battled it out against the likes of Loyola Marymounts and other bigtime teams...I'm sorry your memory only goes back to the end of the Brown Era...But Rudy Macklin, Tito Horford, and hell, even old Eddie Palubinskas are reminders that LSU has an EXCELLENT tradition of dominance in basketball...

I apologize for saying that about you...I wish I could take it back...I wish it wasn't true...

But, it is...

10. NoLimitMD

No, no, no, no need to take it back. We just have different definitions of "powerhouse program." I would absolutely say that we have a historically strong program, but just not what I (or probably many other people) consider a powerhouse.

Trust me, I'm proud of what LSU has represented in basketball, but come on, it does pale in comparison to the true big time programs.