PMAC atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hahaha we were an elite program? FUNNY! from 70's to 90's?

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yo Tirk, I didn't say "elite!" It was your boy TE! I said strong! :thumb:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i know who it was. lol i was agreeing with you.

we had a good program. elite? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

My first LSU games were in the late 70s/early 80s with Rudy, Martin, Carter, Scales and those guys. That was some exciting ball back then. I remember tickets were $5. Too young to know what really was going on with x's and o's, just fun to watch. Went on to attend :lsup: and the student section was really powerful. After graduating I got into hs coaching. Over the years it has been really hard to go to the games, very busy schedule. I almost can't even enjoy games today b/c I'm watching what both teams are running on offense, defense, transition game, etc. and analyzing everything instead of just enjoying the game. This goes for football too.

I think the PMAC feeds off of the student section. I saw last year during player intros, they were using smoke/light show trying to create a little excitement of their own. Thats good. Some fans will get excited and loud no matter what their record is or what the scoreboard indicates. A lot of fans I think are just wanting a reason to cheer. They respond to what's going on down there on the floor. A lot of times a player/coach are into the game, and should be, they hardly notice what's going on around them, unless you have someone right behind the bench screaming their lungs out.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I remember going to games in the 80's and you couldn't think straight it was so loud. The regional against Purdue and Memphis State in '86 I think? Man that place was rockin'. Even under Brady there have been some memorable times. The Kentucky game a few years ago. I took my son who was about 5 or 6 at the time. We sat in the rafters and that place was loud. 5 years later that is all he remembers of the game is how loud it was.

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Exactly. Let Brady and the crew string along several more victories like the one against SC and they'll pack 'em in to the rafters.

As for the comments about the ambiance of the PMAC, winning will take care of that too. I haven't attended :lsup: basketball games in person since Shaq and Chris Jackson were running the floor but I know that winning will take care of everything :wink:

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

correct me if im wrong, te (im sure you will) but horford never wore the p&g. just raised a bunch of stink with brown and the ncaa that came to a head in the 90s

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I accidentally deleted posts by TE, Tirk and Nolimit

By bad, was trying to delete just one. They did not curse anyone out. My apologies.

10. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

once again, i am just relating how you come off on the air. as i said i don't think it is completely intentional but it is how you come off nonetheless. are you afraid of the tigerrant? you seem to hide over here on this board.