PMAC crowd/ atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

First off, this is not a knock on ANYONE so please just listen and dont judge what I'm saying off of who I am. With that said, I think its unfortuneate that the Tigers never reached even the 10,000 mark during this season. Early in the year I could understand. I mean there were some games that didnt scream sell out. I can somewhat understand only having 4200 people for WV bc people at the time were sorta down on the Tigers. People werent liking Brady and didnt know what to expect. That game didnt help b/c they lost. But, having the hottest team in the SEC over the last few weeks like the Tigers have and still only getting 9600 on senior day is pretty sad. It's sad for those players who have put together what is the 2nd best season of the Brady era. There really is no excuse. It's not like they were crappy games. Thinks worked out great that the Tigers had big teams lined up during this streak. I mean you can't ask for a bigger game than LSU/Bama on TV. Yet, only 9600 people came out. A saturday game vs a ranked Florida team only gets 7500 into the arena. Then, on senior night, a team that has won 5 in a row and is going for the SEC west crown, only gets 9600. I do believe it seemed like a lot more and the fans who were there were noisy at times and it was a fun atmosphere. It really got fun after the Baby went down on the no call and then the fans went nuts and were all over the refs and the Tigers went on a huge run to close out the half. But, now that the seasons over, those of you who stayed away for other than reasons that are uncontrollable, you missed a great year.

This is a great team to watch. Everyone says they want to watch exciting basketball, well it hasnt been this exciting since stro. They get out and run, there is dunking, nice passing, and its exciting. I mean that dunk that Bass had at the end of the 1st half was flat out awesome. It got the place rocking. This is not a knock on anyone, just an observation. Those of you who have jumped on board and have gotten to see the fun and excitement in the PMAC, congrats. You saw a hell of a year for a team that lost only ONCE at home. A team that went Undefeated in SEC play at home. I'll say this though, when that place gets rocking, whether there is 4200 or 9500 it can still get loud. We saw that yesterday. I'm proud to say I got to watch this team play b/c they have built character over this year. They have found ways to win. They didnt listen to the people who said they wouldnt go anywhere for whatever reasons they gave. Whether it was Brady as the coach or the officals wouldnt let them win b/c they hate Brady or whatever the case may be. But, this was a great year. Congrats Tigers, were proud of you.

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Great post scrappy!

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It's going to take a little time & Brady proving that this team can be a consistent winner before LSU Men's Basketball sees the kind of support that they deserve. That's just the way it is.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I dont know, I mean, that team with stro had that one good year and they were packing them in.

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

There are a lot of people in the Baton Rouge area that are are disgusted with brady and they are pretty much boycotting the team until he is gone despite the fact that we are the hot team in the conf. Some of it still goes back to the days of dale brown. I know that might sound stupid, but some people still have the that sour taste in their mouth and some of those are going to the box instead of the PMAC.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Thats fine to go to the box. But, thats no excuse when the game at the Box was over at 230 or whatever it was and it would only cost 5 dollars to get in the game. I understand that some people still have a sour taste over Brown and Brady. But, why is this no different then when Stro took them to the sweet 16? I guess those non conference losses hurt. If they would be 22-5 right now and ranked, I wonder how the fans would react. I mean some accuse LSU fans or other schools fans of being fair weathered. I think that is def wrong. I say this b/c the basketball weather is fair right now. I guess they are great weathered fans. The weather was great in 2000 and they packed the place. I guess 19 wins and an SEC west championship arent enough to change the ways of those who hate Brady or whatever it is. Understand that I'm not petitioning for Brady here. I like JB but I'm saying this for the warriors that play everday. I know that they would have loved to feel what the women felt when they played Tenn. This has nothing to do with my liking of JB. This is about the players. Those who came here, like Hudson and Whipple to a team that was still marred in sanctions and it was still an ugly mess. They deserved a good crowd to go out on. I could understand if they were a bad team but those boys are awesome right now. They are one of the hottest teams in America. But, if they make a big run in the tourney and make the people here proud, people will join the band wagon. It's just a shame that it's too late for those who stayed away from the PMAC to see this team live.

7. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I think some people don't realize that LSU basketball is pretty damn good too. They don't get enough publicity. Once that happens you will see more people. Cracking the top 25 would have really helped.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I understand that, but I mean it's YOUR hometown team. They are getting lots of praise as one of the hottest teams in the country, they've won six in a row and won there division. Yet, they only got 9600 on senior day. They deserved a bigger crowd. But the weather isnt good nuff for the fans. It has to be super for them to go. Winning 19 games isnt enough. Winning the division isnt enough to turn the people around. Anything short of number 1 isnt good enough. There is nothing wrong with wanting your team to be the best. That is natural for all fans. But, it seems some arent being realists here. This has been a great year for this team. They should have played at least one game in front of somewhere b/t 12-13000 people.

9. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Well they arn't the true fans. The true fans were the ones that were at the game yesterday.

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You said it not me. If I say that, I'm in trouble lol.