PMAC crowd/ atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

True fans are those like a friend of mine in BR. He has season tickets to Tiger Basketball and is there rain or shine, winning or losing. He doesn't like Brady, but he supports the team.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is football country and always will be. Basketball has turned a lot of people off over the past few years mainly, I believe, due to the "gangsta" image perpetuated by the NBA. I know people who bleed football P&G but don't have a clue about the basketball team. IMHO that is one of the reasons for the lack of attendance.

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Oh really? I wonder how many "fans" that were there yesterday, graduated from LSU, coached basketball in this state for over 15 years, supports LSU sports financially, had to work yesterday, and has a family with little kids to care of.....yea the really TRUE fans were there. Congrats to them!

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Do you mean people miss Dale Brown??? Wow...mental illness comes in all forms. Brown's a great guy, but I find it hard to yearn for the mediocrity of years past.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Iz gettin hawt n hea!

By the way, it would indeed be nice if more people had jumped on board like scrappy has this season.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You shoud know Grad that I have been a supporter of the Basketball team for longer than just this year. I have been going to games for the last 4 years off and on. I know your just messing with me, but I'm def not a bandwagon jumper for this year. Considering the ugly start to the year and how bleak at one point, seeing that I've been at every game I dont consider myself a bandwagon jumper. But, I know your just messin with me to get me riled up lol. I'm def not a bandwagoner though. But, to think that someone whose not even an LSU die hard could go to every home game and enjoy it and support the team and those who supposedly call themselves die hards can't go b/c they dont like Brady or whatever is pretty sad. I disagree about the point that was made about true fans. I understand if people cant make it to the game b/c of family matters, or work or whatever. Those I dont like are those who stay away b/c of the coach or something stupid like that. I understand that its tough for people with kids and all that.

7. LSUGradin99

I need to remember to put a billion smileys at the end of my posts referencing you. You can't detect humor or simple joking around. :)

I don't think you have any need to explain yourself. You've been at the games this year.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I know your just messing with me...but I always feel the need to defend myself lol....your a good dude though Grad.

9. LSUGradin99

Keep fooling yourself. :D

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

lol....well thats what I'm good at. Not good at much else, but that I'm a pro at.