PMAC crowd/ atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I was at most of the games that year as well. The parts quoted above are factual.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

My point is , you figured people would come out though knowing that this team has only lost one at home and is undefeated in SEC play at home. They established that they are a good enough home team to warrant at least one big crowd.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You figured wrong...The people have spoken, Scrap...They don't care if Brady wins or loses...They'll care that he's gone...and long ago, the last of those that could be counted on to bring in better crowds got burned by his inconsistent teams, histrionics on the sidelines, the harangues and hangings of players in the media, and his constant I-N-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y...

They are over him, and are ready for a change...They are speaking with their absence much louder than anything else, and for the media to still puzzle as to why the turnout isn't there is just pure garbage to me...

Wake up, media! The fans don't show up because THE COACH IS A BUM!

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Brady is a decent coach. He's done an outstanding job this year turning around a bad start.

Is he one of the top ten coaches in his profession?.......... NO
    Is he at the bottom of his profession?..............NO

Why not buy what John Brady's selling? The players sure have over the last 6 weeks...............

Results matter.....LSU is 12-4 in the SEC and about to receive an invite to the big dance.

:lsup:

It's up to the LSU AD and fans/boosters to decide if they want to make a commitment to basketball like they did with the football program back in dec of 99........

Geaux John and :geauxtige

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well if you dont go cuz the coach is a bum as you say, then you are a bum. I could understand if you dont go cuz they lose, but they win, so thats not excuse. Not going b/c you dont like the coach is just stupid.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TE, you will never give Brady credit for anything so I'm not going to try and change ytour mind. Your tunnel vision does not allow you to see that the inconsistency that you so often complain about is a trait shared by probably 90% of Div 1 teams. Don't bother responding*. You won't change your view of the situation and neither will I.

*I realize that that's like telling a dog not to bark. :yelwink2:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Ouch! Careful there buddy...:yelwink2: I don't buy into boycotting the team cuz of the coach either, but SOME ppl will never change (not talkin about TE--we all know HIS reasonings.) I still think that although our :crystal: in football was the best thing that ever happened to LSU, it is also one of the worst things to ever happen. Once LSU is back to mediocrity in FB (hey, it WILL happen one day, just remember that,) do you honestly think all of those "fans" who never cared much for the team during Dinardo's last couple will still support and buy into LSU? If you think for a second that they will, you're in a dream world. Not only has our NC changed football, it has changed ALL SPORTS. Tiger fans expect EVERY team that LSU fields to be number 1. By God, if they're 25-30, no one cares...:dis:. Don't believe me, or buy into what I'm saying? Fine! Look no further than the baseball team. We lose to Centenary and it's the end of the world. We're "under achievers." It's all okay though... we all know who the real fans are. They're the guys and girls who will PROUDLY wear their LSU gear NO MATTER WHAT! They will defend LSU until they're blue in the face :)eek:,) and they won't let mediocrity spoil their fervor and their excitement for the greatness that is LSU Athletics... :geauxtige

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Good post. I still dont know what I'd define as a "True" fan. But LSU and all places, but recently more with LSU b/c of the NC, has a lot of "GREAT WEATHER Fans". These are fans who think that unless its number one that the team underachieves and is worthless. Look at the women. They would have not near the fan base if they werent number one. The baseball would not have near the fan base had they only gone to omaha a few times but never won the CWS. Your right, the NC was good and bad for the U.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Good post. I still dont know what I'd define as a "True" fan. But LSU and all places, but recently more with LSU b/c of the NC, has a lot of "GREAT WEATHER Fans". These are fans who think that unless its number one that the team underachieves and is worthless. Look at the women. They would have not near the fan base if they werent number one. The baseball would not have near the fan base had they only gone to omaha a few times but never won the CWS. Your right, the NC was good and bad for the U.

10. Tigerbait..

Tigerbait.. Founding Member

It was a great game to watch. I feel bad for anyone that missed it.

This year I have really had a great time going to all of the games I really enjoyed watching LSU pull it together. And I cant wait to root for them in the up comming tournaments.