PMAC crowd/ atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

BR doesnt deserve to have a winning team. Its becoming evident that it can never be a basketball town. But i guess that not unusual. I really hate to say it, but it makes me embarrassed to be a LSU fan. On the good side, I guess there's not many people that know that the team cant draw 10K. I feel really bad for the players. They havent experienced a good PMAC atmosphere.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol @ you, TE. First it was his lack of being able to retain talent and now he wins with this little to no talent, it confuses you. please don't pretend you had an inkling they'd win even half as much this year. i know i didnt but the difference is, I love it.

plus, the fact you stated to get ready for the nosedive but we go on a tremendous run and share the west title. lol @ you now trying to say this is typical of all brady teams. hell if going 12-4 is typical then Im all for it.

I can't wait to hear how the players hate him so much and want him fired again....yet they played their asses off in spite of the coach Im sure? :hihi: :hihi:

Or how he was close to being replaced midseason.

man, you are a funny dude.

I know its burning you up seeing this team succeed whether you admit it or not so it makes it all the better knowing so. Not that I love brady, Im basically indifferent. I just love the fact you were/are so hellbent that this team was going nowhere and that brady was history then to see the actual outcome is funnier than hell and LSU is winning.

Ill be sure to wait when they lose out the trny to see your i told you so post 4 months after you had it written. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Brady laughs at you TE. you're his bitch and it hurts. :D :D :D :D

bend ovah, JB is coming with his rollover contract. :hihi: :hihi:

ahh, im just messing with you since all of it is pretty hilarious to me and everyone else here I'm sure.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

not only do i not dislike brady as a coach, i actually think he seems like a nice guy and from what i know of him, i like him. the one exception is that i think he i a bit too brutal courtside, with the screaming. i do enjoy the clipboard smash maneuver he does sometimes.

then again, it not like saban doesnt do some seriously destructive verbal beatdowns on the sideline, so maybe it a normal thing for good coaches.

i am optimistic about the tournament. i am talking sweet sixteen, yall. :lsup: :lsup: :geauxtige

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Go watch the JailBlazers.......

:lsup:

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

speaking for the student section i think the situation is opposite. at SEC mens games our section is pretty full while womens games (with the exception of the Tenn. game) hardly draw more than us few diehard crazies.

p.s. me and the rest of the front row guys are VERY P.O.'ed that they are moving the student section to behind the goal for mens games. ah well it was a good season. heres to the Elite Eight! (you must BELIEVE!!)

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

JayB, I agree with almost all of your post. But I just can't make sense of this last sentence. How does mediocrity equate to greatness at the same time? If a program is down, it is no longer great, and I don't really expect people to spend their money and time on it to maintain their status as the ephemeral "true fan."

Those that continue to pour money into failing programs (not talking LSU with this one) may be "true fans" but they also seem to be "true morons" for spending their time and money on a bad product. Of course, winning and playing well may not be what a fan enjoys (see Clippers season ticket holders), but I don't think less of people that do value those qualities and choose to allocate their resources to a better product.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow... I did not know they were doing that. That even ticks me off too. The students have always been the best supporters of the men's team. They deserve the great seats they get now!

8. jef443

jef443 Founding Member

Where did you hear that the students were being moved for the men's games? If that is true it's a bad idea. The only way I would think that's a good move is if they were to put the students behind both goals at the bottom instead of one running all the way to the top. I guess they are trying as hard as they can to make the PMAC even more dreadful than it already is. The students are the only thing that keeps the noise up.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

at least there are several good reasons not to go see the Blazers.

and BTW, everyone loved Maurice Cheeks, but no one puts down money to go see him coach.