PMAC IMPROVING.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I'll mention it anyway.

Yes, the PMAC has finally gotten some $'s pumped into it. Sometime over the past couple of weeks the LIGHTS were replaced in the PMAC....yes you heard me correctly.....the LIGHTS were replaced. Now, starting tonight the Tigers will get one of those Intro's that all other teams across the country get in there arena. Lights will be turned out for the introduction and we'll have to see what comes of it. My source: Nothing secret Hawthorne and Wright were discussing it before the start of the GA game Sunday.

Hope they are more creative than for football.....playing that same old clip every single week in Death Valley started getting old.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I was almost blinded from the new lights at the UNO game and I'm looking forward to the new and improved introductions. Maybe I'll take my sunglasses. :cool:

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Hopefully the band will play something besides James Bond music in the fall. At the Cotton Bowl I was getting worried that they weren't going to play "Pregame" during halftime.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Intro was underwhelming IMO and could be improved in the following ways:
    1. Play the highlight video (if they have to) and then dim the lights completely with scoreboard off so it will be really dark (instead of just dim)
    2. Have the intro music (Bulls circa MJ was a good pick) louder and actually introduce the players while the music is playing
    3. Fly in MJ just so we can hear "At guard, 6'6" from North Carolina, Michaellllllllllllllllllll Jordannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

BTW it seemed they were a little overzealous with the whole light dimming thing. I mean the national anthem? I guess it was like playing with a new toy. I was waiting for them to dim the lights after the first official timeout. :D

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Its long overdue for the PMAC. I hope that the improvements don't end there.