Pokey and Tigers recruiting

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by NoDakSt, Sep 20, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What do you suspect our starting 5 will look like, and what key contributors will come off the bench?

If I had to guess, I would say this team will dominate defensively and struggle at times offensively. Much like the Rutgers teams of the past few seasons. I would have to also think Fowles holds our fortunes in her hands. If she can dominate offensively (we all know she will defensively), then I think LSU is right back in the mix for another final four appearance.

LSU women's basketball. Alive and well!

PS - Vtech may provide a good early season barometer. Very interested to see results from that game tonite.

2. djslice

djslice Freshman

3. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Congrats to Tyra!!

This is a good recruiting venture and after seeing Hightower and Phillips in action this past weekend...I think these past two classes will maintain the Tiger's reputation for being national contenders well into the future after this huge Junior Class graduates.

Priorites for 2008 are post players.

4. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Pokey tends to be tremendously loyal to her experienced players and usually doesn't fudge lineups unless injury forces that out of necessity. So I think the starters will be: LaBlanc, White, Chaney, Thomas and Fowles. Those five have looked very good and solid although the competition has been so-so. First off the bench: the frosh. Both Phillips and Hightower look fantastic on both sides of the court. Their adjustment to the speed of the game has been quick. They still need to learn offensive and defensive sets but both play with great instinct. I think this will be the primary rotation, with a little Katie Antony sprinkled in but not too liberally when facing teams like Georgia, Vandy, and Tennessee....

5. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Next year's recruiting:

Scout has the rankings for the following recruits of 2008.
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=427&p=9&cfg=wbb&c=4&yr=2008&pid=88

Many people think LSU leads for April Sykes and that despite the trio of backcourt players who recently signed, that Sykes will start for the Tigers from day one.

Brooklyn Pope could be on Pokey's radar. She is a very athletic front court player.

Lynetta Kizer, Glory Johnson (whose other suitors include Tennessee and Duke) and Nneka Ogwumike (also being heavily recruited by Duke) are all possible frontcourt players that LSU might be looking at.

6. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Little update on how Pokey's recruits are doing:

LaTear Eason is out for another month with a knee injury.

There are high hopes for Katherine Graham and the Ramsey Rans:

And, keeping up with Tyra White.

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/KansasCityStar/2006/11/30/2165134