Police shoot and kill man on bus in Oklahoma (Very graphic)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 19, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I like ex military as cops. My best friend, Marine, 3 combat tours, was an excellent cop. If you got pulled over with weed or anything minor like that and you had a job and could prove it, he would allow you to throw away the weed, and then be on your way. If you were speeding or had an expired anything and you had a job and could prove it, he would let you go with a warning.

I was chatting with him the other day and he said there are a bunch of cops out there like that, and a bunch who aren't, and everyone is clamoring for body cams now, and what that is going to do is prevent all these decent cops from letting people off with warnings.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So the person without a job gets the ticket/fine? I always figured cops pretty much did the exact opposite.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Skit? That's the realest video you'll see. Dude was bleeding out and the female cop shit herself. And was crying.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yet the gubment thinks they are fit for combat. Jesus H Christmas we are doomed.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

My concern on that front is that police departments don't screen for PTSD (or if they do, they suck at it). I think we have a huge percent of cops who are former military, men and women who have served more tours than any other generation. On the one hand, they come in more prepared for 1 v 1 confrontation and trained with weapons. OTOH, if they haven't had therapy or gotten help, they can be trigger happy and subject to mental episodes. The cop killers in Dallas and Baton Rouge were both former military.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they were good shots because of the military. their ptsd is really much more related to islam. dont fall for the obvious.