Political Correctness

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, May 2, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I remember it well, Fred didn't want the black guy working on him and he said "I think I know what you want" when the white kid came and couldn't do it he said "I need to get our chief "or something like that. You just knew the black guy was coming back

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See I thought Blazing Saddles made fun of white people more than anything. It certainly stereotyped everyone but it made white people look like dumbass redneck racists. I just imagine it would be banned because the n word is used so much.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No and yes.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It did, but people are far too stupid and sensitive these days and would not be able to get past it.

"Jumping around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots" would just not be tolerated today. Even if KC isn't widely known for being a large gay epicenter

mctiger likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The country is entirely too PC and always has been. Movies like Blazing Saddles should poke holes in people and philosophies that take themselves too seriously.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hmmmm. You are talking about a place that gets swept over by great lemming-like military migrations every few generations for the last several millennia. Economies collapse, fortunes are lost, genocide occurs, cities burn, rape and pillage. Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to emigrate there.

War and mass destruction have not happened in the US since the 1860's, only to part of the country, and conducted by ourselves. Our oceans make us essentially immune from the risk of invasion, and collapse that most of the world has always had to take into account.