POLL: Should LSU fire John Brady?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 23, 2004.

?

What should Emmert/Bertman do about Brady?

1. Fire him now

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Give him until the end of the year to prove his worthiness

57 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Fire him but wait until the season is over

23 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Give him another year to work with his talent

82 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Okay folks, there's been a lot of Brady bashing going on this year. Show us how you really feel.

Does Brady deserve another year, or should he be fired today?

I, personally feel that Brady should be able to prove himself worthy and a decision should not be made until the end of the season.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sorry. i find the poll sorry, so i'm abstaining.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At this point in time Brady's job shouldn't be on the line. Yes, the Tigers have had 3 crappy games in a row, one of which they won. They will be an underdog to South Carolina. My prediction is that the young talent will eventually gell and they will put together a late season run to make the Big Dance. They won't go deep into the playoffs but they will make March Madness and not the NIT. Bass is already a good player and will get a lot better. Tack Minor has incredible skills and sooner or later will get his game under control. Lloreda is the only senior on a very young team. If any of you Brady bashers knew anything about basketball you would realize that it takes most of a season for new players to gain the experience to mesh as a team. This is Brady's first year with no probation restrictions. In 2 or 3 years a lot of you bashers are going to be jumping on the Brady bandwagon.

4. Curveball

Curveball Founding Member

At least we still have Lady's basketball.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't think he should be fired yet but at the end of the season,
    if he doesn't make the proper adjustments and the offense still
    goes on spurts on not scoring he would have to go.

That would then prove to me that he isn't a very good coach.

I've Never been a Brady Basher though just ask TE and other people around here about that.

Its just a bit disturbing watching this game struggle offensively and see NO adjustments the last 4 or 5 games nevermind the
    win-loss record.

Its not the wins and losses at this point although we should've
    NEVER lost to Ole Miss.

What concerns we is after a 14 minute drought on offense, it should've been fixed by the Ole Miss game.

But then we had a 10 minute offensive drought in that game.

Thats a big concern, lack of adjustments and players standing around with NO Rythum, no wonder no one can shoot.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Let's just say some Lady Tiger fans are a tad bit frustrated that we have yet to make a Final Four. I'm all for letting Sue Gunter ride off into the sunset and name her successor, she has paid her dues and is a living legend of women's basketball. But some fans feel she has held on too long.

I really hope she gets it this year. We have a good shot, but not nearly as good as last year's shot. And the competition is still incredibly tough (UConn, Tennessee, Texas)

I will reserve my judgement on the men's team until after the season is over. There is still too much ball to be played.

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

What will the board say if we have another dismal performance at South Carolina today?

8. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

wow, i am quite surprised at the poll results especially considering how much brady bashing goes on on these boards

except a loss today against USC...setting up a HUGE georgia game at home...we must win that one or we'll have to on another one of those 6 game SEC win streaks like last year

9. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

if Bass, Minor and Regis leave without LSU being in the final four, then fire him

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Since I am a mere fan and do not need a successful Basketball team to enhance the quality of my life, I say let the contract run it's course (whatever it is) and then make a decision.