POLL: Should LSU fire John Brady?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 23, 2004.

?

What should Emmert/Bertman do about Brady?

1. Fire him now

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Give him until the end of the year to prove his worthiness

57 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Fire him but wait until the season is over

23 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Give him another year to work with his talent

82 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

who ever wants sue gone is crazy. as far as brady goes, you have to realize we are just getting off probation and its going to take time.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Firing a coach in midseason is always a bad idea. I think they should evaluate Brady at the end of the season to see if he is the right coach for LSU basketball.

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I put my vote in for evaluating him at the end of the season.

Brady's flopping antics sure won't help his cause. He should be embarrassed for once again failing to maintain his emotions at South Carolina yesterday. He flat out lost control and change the momentum of the game with the technical foul. There is no excuse for that behavior. Skip and Mark Emmert have probably filed this incident in their little books as part of his evaluation.

The season is far from over and Brady has had his moments. Give him to at least the end of the season.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I tend to agree. But you know how it is, when the legendary coach can't quite get the team to the top, the comments of "They are gettin' too old, the game has passed them by" start up.

It's the same with those ingrateful little snots up at Penn State who want Joe Paterno gone. JoePa has earned the right to go out on his own terms, and know-it-alls up in the stands have no right to criticize him.

It is my fervant hope that Sue gets her Final Four trip, a national title, then goes out on top.

And again, I think Brady should be evaluated after the season is over.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't see it but I was listening on the radio. Jim Hawthorne said that there was no way the SC guy had established position on the charge called on Mitchell. As far as Brady flopping over backwards thats not nearly the same as cursing the ref. Hawthorne might be a homer but he said the officiating was the worse case of the zebras failing to control a game he had ever seen. There is no telling what an official might call as a technical. Anybody remember the LSU-Indiana game in the 81 Final 4 where Bobby Knight slammed a phone down on the scorers table protesting a call and wasn't called for a T ?

LSU play fairly well last night and deserved to win. Brady didn't cost the Tigers the game. If LSU plays as well as they did last night they will win enough games to make the March Madness Big Dance.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

IT'S STILL JANUARY!! LSU is 12-4, that's not that bad. Just give Coach Brady and the players time.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I saw the replay ... and yes, it was an awful call on Mitchell. But, that doesn't excuse Brady's action. Brady was laid out flat on his back in front of the bench ... not exactly what I call professional and keeping his cool.

You don't have to say anything to draw a T. Showing up a ref will get you a T almost everytime. It is interesting you mention Knight ... not exactly the kind of coach I want representing my school!

Brady has a history of rallying the troops, and I won't be surprised if it happens again this year. But his inability to control his emotions will eventually be his downfall.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He doesn't look to good right now, let him coach this team and evaluate at the end of the season.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The call against Brady doesn't matter, the refs in this game didn't
    win and lose the game for anyone.

The sad thing is someone had to win this game because both teams with stats like this normally lose.

LSU shot 39% from the field and had 23 turnovers.

I challenge anyone to say that this team played good or state a
    case where someone with these kind of stats WINS.

South Carolina should've lost this game.......
    they shot 38% from the field but only 9 turnovers and shot 4.3%
    from 3 point range.

This is the 1st time I can remember seeing stats like this and someone wins.

The key here is South Carolina took care of the ball, turnovers in
    any sport kill you.

South Carolina had 25 points off of turnovers while LSU had 13.

Think about this, if LSU had 10 turnovers they WIN
    No matter what!

You have to give Brady til the end of the season but if they only win 2 games and shoot 39% from the field the rest of the season
    he has to go.

That means he can't fix a trainwreck and make the proper adjustments like a coach needs to do.

We're, 12-4 and I'm hoping that Brady can fix this thing before it
    gets out of control, once it gets to that point its over.......
    Kinda like when Houston beat us in football the year before Saban

My expectations have totally changed, this team is sloppy and
    mediocure at best.

You will NEVER see at basketball team be this sloppy if it is coached by the top coaches in the country, Duke, NC, Kansas,
    any top program in the country!

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

A common denominator at those schools is that the coaches there
    are generally able to put on the floor, at any given time, 5 kids
    who can shoot 70% or better from the charity stripe. The opposition doesn't know who to foul late in a game. I have yet to see a Dale Brown/John Brady team capable of doing that.