POLL: Should LSU fire John Brady?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 23, 2004.

?

What should Emmert/Bertman do about Brady?

1. Fire him now

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Give him until the end of the year to prove his worthiness

57 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Fire him but wait until the season is over

23 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Give him another year to work with his talent

82 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

One question: Would we have put up with this mediocre of a coaching performance from a football coach for this long?

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I believe we have a lot of talent--and Brady is a main reason for it. I think he needs to be given a little more time to develop that talent.

Who here thinks Dale Brown was a great coach? I personally don't think he was all that great. He was an OUTSTANDING recruiter--but that's it. Dale Brown is kinda like the Mack Brown of basketball--could put together a team that on paper should win the national championship, but seem to unexplanably fall flat on their faces.

I recall years back when we had Shaq and Chris Jackson, and Duke came to the P-MAC. The Bluedevils were up by (someone might be able to help me here) what? 5, 6 points with 10 seconds or so remaining. Brown calls a timeout. My uncle had seats behind the LSU bench at the time, and when Brown called the team in, and started diagramming a play, he got himself either flustered, or pissed, because he threw the clipboard down and said, "Ya'll just get out there and run something" !!!! :shock: :dis:

Couldn't believe it! :shock:

So, if Dale Brown was given all those years--and didn't have his neck on the chopping block, then why should John Brady? Let Brady have a legit shot.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

more $$$ on the line now.

brady hasn't been to the final four twice.

different AD and chancellor, too.

but i think brady should be given more time too. a few years. you're just starting to hear more crap about brady on the board because too many people had unrealistic (but typical) expectations of this team. now a lot of them have gone the other way--thinking we wont win another game. young teams play inconsistently, and usually improve as the year goes on. we'll put together some good games in the second half of the season and blow out a few teams. i'm most interested to see how we play against uk, uf, msu (again)---we have been in every game, hopefully we will hang in there with the best teams. a win against one of those may be necessary to get in the tourney

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with you about different AD and Chancellor and times change, what once was is NO more.

I disagree with you about the unrealistic expectations of this team.
    They have more talent than a lot of LSU or other teams have had.

I don't think its a unrealistic expectation to beat Ole Miss and
    not turn over the ball 23 times in 1 game and shoot over 39%
    for a game.

I don't think its unrealistic for this team not to play sloppy.

But I know you can say I told you so because you've been questioning this team all along.

Its up to the coach to get the talent and make adjustments so that things work and its NO Excuse that this team is young.
    Thats a Cop Out.

All of these players have been playing organized ball and have learned more than 1 offensive set for many years.

There's plenty of proof in any college sports of what freshman can do it just takes a coach to teach and put things together.

Nick took care of business and his freshman didn't play sloppy because if they did they sat on the bench.

Perfect example Alley Broussard after fumbling early.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

we don't disagree so much sourdoughman! i do think its expected that teams with so much freshman play (especially at 1 and 3) will play sloppy. look at it this way, if the games so far had gone as they should have we'd be 15-1 (loss to bama). i for one would be ecstatic about how great brady has done with so many freshman early in the season--instead we're 12-4 with three road losses, that's what we should expect given the league and brady's style of play.

now if there is no improvement the rest of the season then brady should start sweating, although i think he should get next year no matter what.

ole miss win over bama may mean they are not so bad. that's always been a tough place to play.

39% shooting---partly USC D (statistically good against poor schedule), partly bad/young shooters (you know who you are, mr. koundja), possibly partly brady's inability to teach confidence/focus (whatever saban's specialty is).

turnovers--more disturbing to me because its everybody-except maybe hudson and bass. this should be corrected soon!!

finally, i do think its unrealistic to expect so much from this team so SOON, just because it doesn't happen much. two road sec losses and a loss to a top 10 team is not bad---be just a little more patient

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Agreed,

I'm anxiously awaiting to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

I like you am really disturbed over the turnovers and lack of offense.

But, who knows, maybe they'll get in a groove and will be able to
    write the ship.

7. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

We should go after Rick Barnes at Texas... and should have when he left Clemson...

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Did you go to Airline highschool ?