Poll: Your choice for Governor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bestbank Tiger, Aug 7, 2003.

?

Which candidate do you plan to vote for?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2003.
  1. J. Alan Allgood

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Kathleen Blanco

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Jay Blossman

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Hunt Downer

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Randy Ewing

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Richard Ieyoub

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Bobby Jindal

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  8. Dan Kyle

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Buddy Leach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mike Stagg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JD

JD Founding Member

Let's see, only those that vote for the unchristian coalition candidate get it? The candidates who has so little faith in their own faith that they try to jam it down everyone's throat via secular law? They don't get it that they bedroom fuzz running their personal life is a good thing? Oh yes, those who vote for the Pat "I love butchers, especially if they fatten my wallet" Robertson disciple really get it.

2. JD

JD Founding Member

What wonders has he worked in health care? Asking, seriously.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Whoa,whoa, whoa, time out! Randy Ewing has been endorsed by the Christian Coalition? This is the first I've heard of that. I believe you have him confused with Blossman. Now I did say I could live with Blossman as governor, even though he's not my first choice, or second, third, or even fourth. I actually was referring to purely economic and tax issues and the corruption factor. The reason Louisiana voters who will vote for either Ieyoub or Leach don't "get it," JD, is because the two of them are dinosaurs. Old Edwin Edwards cronies. Old Huey Long-style populists. Relics of a time long past. Both as crooked as a dog's hind leg and dumb as rocks too. This state needs someone fresh, with new ideas, who is not part of the old "Louisiana way" of doing things. We are lucky to actually have good choices in this race. We've come a long way since 1991. But we have serious problems in this state. We have a tax structure downright hostile to business, a $16 billion dollar state budget that shows no signs of shrinking anytime soon, and a Legislature that in unmotivated to do anything about either problem. Our cities (especially New Orleans) continue to decay and young people with the brains and talent to actually fix things are leaving the state in droves. Serious problems that need serious people to solve them.

What is Leach's solution? A processing tax on oil and gas. A higher minimum wage than the federal law. Ieyoub's ideas aren't any better, and he favors taking on responsibility for pay increases for police and firefighters from parish and local govt's., which will make state spending go up even higher.

This is not helping! :dis: :dis: :dis:

Give me a candidate who stands for fiscal restraint and getting our state budget down to the kind of budget a state with only 4.5 million people living in it should have. Give me a candidate who will not try to kill off what little business we have left with more ill-advised taxes on all kinds of different things. Give me a candidate who will institute a zero-tolerance policy for corruption. Give me a candidate who will have the testicular fortitude to follow through with our educational accountability program and severely punish schools and school systems who fail to measure up and close failing schools.

In my opinion, that's Ewing, Kyle, or Jindal.

But I will take the valued advice of the Christian Coalition under advisement. Blossman may not be so bad after all. I will take a closer look at him. Thank you for pointing that out JD.

Everyone on this board is by now quite familiar with your raw, seething hatred of any and all Christians who dare try to be active in politics. You don't have to stay in "attack mode" anymore. Otherwise, you might blindly attack someone who doesn't deserve it. Like my man, Randy Ewing.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Hunt Downer is the way to go.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Well, feel free to re-post a poll like this after qualifying :)

I only had room for 10, so I was going with the ones I knew for sure had declared.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

I'll say this for your boy Ewing - he's campaigning like a mother in uptown New Orleans. I got a flyer on my door and a "sorry I missed you" notice from him - I figured it was from a campaign worker, but my neighbor told me yesterday that he was doing the knocking.
    As a result, lots of Ewing signs on my street - door to door campaigning is always effective and I always give candidates plus points for that. However, I'll have to set my neighbors straight about his positions - I'm afraid they are fooled by his party label.

7. JD

JD Founding Member

I was going to ask for a non-of-the above. This is one stinky slate. There isn't a mainstream candidate in the race with a chance to win. The only one campaigning like a liberal has some major integrity issues from way back (Leach). Eyeoub is the quintessential La politico, who cares about one thing and one thing only - Eyeoub and Eyeoub's wallet. And then there are the unchristian coalition candidates.
    Dismal - absolutely dismal.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Why is Ewing not mainstream JD? What do you have against him?

9. JD

JD Founding Member

I thought he was a woody jenkins clone - am I misinformed?

10. JD

JD Founding Member

Okay, then my mistake. Jet, tell me something about his policies, if you would