Poll: Your choice for Governor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bestbank Tiger, Aug 7, 2003.

?

Which candidate do you plan to vote for?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2003.
  1. J. Alan Allgood

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Kathleen Blanco

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Jay Blossman

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Hunt Downer

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Randy Ewing

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Richard Ieyoub

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Bobby Jindal

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  8. Dan Kyle

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Buddy Leach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mike Stagg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Give me a little bit JD. His site is having problems at the moment. I'm trying to pull up his legislative voting records also.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Kyle is out, per the BR Business Report (www.daily-report.com):

Kyle quits: Dan Kyle has dropped out of the governor's race because he couldn't raise enough money, but he didn't rule out a run for another statewide office. In a news conference, the Republican said he didnÕt hit his target of raising $1 million by Aug. 1. In polls, Kyle was getting about 4 percent of the vote. Speculation is that Kyle would run for insurance commissioner, but he declined to discuss another campaign today. He wonÕt endorse a candidate until the runoff. The former legislative auditor, who had sparked controversy by promoting his investigations of public officials and agencies, wonÕt be going back to his old job. "Do you really think they would hold that job open for me?"

3. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

*&%*&(%!!! I was hoping he'd run for Attorney General. We have a sorry bunch running for that job right now (Donovan, Foti, Terrellible).

4. Bestbank Tiger

Ah, that would explain it...

As much as I don't like to trust the GOP to be the watchdog over insurance, I think Dan Kyle can be trusted to keep them honest, and I'd like to see him in some statewide office. This might be the first time I vote Republican without feeling dirty :)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since Kyle dropped out who are the Kyle supporters going to switch to for govenor?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't totally count out Jindal even though he has a lot to overcome not only his ethnic background but the fact that he is only 31 years old. Do you know how much money he has raised and who his big supporters are?

7. gridman

gridman Freshman

The EWE factor

Iyeob, Leach and Blanco are your people if you loved EWE. Iyeob is in the hip pocket of the attorneys, in state and out of state who he enriched with the tabacco settlement fees (for no work); Leach had plenty trouble with the law in the past and dosen't know where to look for the meaning of the word ethics; and ole Blanco is plain incompetent.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Do not count out Jindal, and please give us rednecks more credit than that. I know tons of people in North Louisiana who are voting for Ewing, but if he doesn't make the runoff, their second choice is Jindal.

My second choice would have been Kyle, but now that he's out, it's probably Jindal. I might vote for Downer though.

I have a question; I just now noticed that there isn't a black candidate for governor this year. Neither Fields nor Jefferson nor any other is running. What's up with that? Did they finally get tired of losing?

9. Bestbank Tiger

Fields only ran to screw Landrieu.

I've heard speculation that Jefferson took a dive to get Foster re-elected, but I'm not sure what was in it for him.

Apparently nobody had abything to gain by getting either of those two to run.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Bobby Jindal is my choice. He is intelligent and not part of the Louisiana system. This state is the most unfriendly state to business I have ever seen. I still wonder what "could've been" had Edwards not squandered and stole. God help us if Ieyoub or Randy Ewing wins.