Pollack takes a tumble.....32 stitches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Apr 29, 2004.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't know. The Auburn fans over there are quick enough to catagorize all LSU fans as, among other things, "scum of the earth."

It's indicative of the attitudes of the usual posters on that board. The folks who post here know that isn't necessarily the attitude of all Auburn fans.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What happened to the regular Aubies? Chuck, Titan, and Morgan haven't checked in in a while.

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

That sounds oddly familiar... I wonder where I've heard that before?

I don't know, I'm just some LSU fan/felon that kills babies and beats old people at football games, what do I know?

At least all of the War Chickens aren't like that...

4. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

That's the response I was fishing for. Glad you made that point for me.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You Aubies DO whine an awful lot about people judging your entire fan base by the acts of a few. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

6. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Funny thing is that if you inserted "LSU fans" for where "Aubies" is, you'd have a statement that makes sense on our side of the fence. This goes both ways, folks.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

One poster reply does not equal "they." Best to present a factual representation or none at all, JMHO. Pollack was at a party where alcohol was served, but was NOT reported to be drinking. I believe the accident happened on Saturday evening when DP slipped going down a flight of stairs and fell into a "glass case" of some sort. He was rushed to the hospital and stitched up accordingly. Sore , but no permanent damage, just a potential scar.

He reported to weight training sessions on Monday and was held out by the trainer/coach.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The article posted here reports that it was in the middle of the night after the guys were sleeping and that he fell on his way to the bathroom. Maybe that's just what he told "mom," but that is what was reported in the article.

There was some other Pollack-bashing going on, besides one especially happy-sounding poster. The kid almost died; I don't think it was something to joke about by posting pictures of him with "cute" captions.

He's nobody's favorite player on this board, either, but we don't want to see a kid injured or need to joke about it.

9. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I think that's a bit of hyperbole. He had some stitches to a scalp laceration. The fact that the accident could have been worse is inconsequential. Almost any accident could have been worse.

No one wants to see the kid hurt or dead.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

??? hardly. That's just a bit dramatic. He walked into the emergency room under his own power and waited several minutes before being seen by the attending physician.

And BTW - I don't believe anybody wishes ill will on these young players that entertain us all so well. Rivalries aside, Pollack is a class kid and it was just an accident.