Pollack takes a tumble.....32 stitches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Apr 29, 2004.

1. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Nice hustle. Motor sports just don't get me excited. Other sports I find superfluous:

Baseball
    Hockey
    Golf
    Soccer
    NBA (until the playoffs)

Sports worth spending time on:
    College Football
    NFL
    College hoops

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

this thread has gone to HELL! :eek:lefire:

the real Tigers :eek:ldskule: :lsug: are sympathetic to the overrated Pollack incident. His head will feel much worse after 10/2/04.

Get ready Barners, last year was just a sample of the ass kicking that awaits you!!!! :grin:

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Excellent. We'll be ready. How many of you guys are making the trip? Should be some quality tailgating. Too bad CBS has us tabbed as their 2:30 game.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I'll be there.....I can't wait. I'm glad this game has been moved back to the early part of the season like it used to be.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nah I doubt it... ppl who watch neckcar are more inclined to be the fans of tractor pulls. those who dont like one probably dont like either...like myself. lol.

And as I heard the other day when they were talking about the new "neck" protector used in nascar would be the fence surrounding the track.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Bwaaaaaahhaaaahaaaa :D :D :D very good!

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

What's it like in Atlanta for a Auburn fan?

Is it a neutral city or are you "behind the lines" in Ga. Bulldog country?

Do you get sick of hearing "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!" yelled in your face?

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Well Lafitte, speaking only from my own experiences, you don't hear much from the Leghumpers unless they have a good team. IMO, they're a little more fairweather than most (historically speaking), but since the arrival of Richt they've been prouder than peacocks. I actually met CMR during a Bulldog Club golf tourney a few weeks ago and can honestly say he makes a good "first impression." Nice fella, but it's a good thing he and his staff know football because golf is not their skillset :grin:

From an Auburn fan's perspective it's not so bad - there are a significant number of AU alumni living in the metro area ( > 25k) and many more fans of the program. Largets AU alumni chapter is also here and is fairly active. I routinely see AU car tags/stickers/flags/etc. around the city although the media coverage is predominantly UGA with a little Ga.Tech thrown in. We also see quite a bit of UT and I've noticed an increase in LSU colors this season also. An NC is an awsome thing, especially from a publicity standpoint.

But at the end of the day, nothing much smells quite like a wet mutt. :grin:

9. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Yeah, what cadillac said.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Any injury to the the upper body can be 3 inches from death. Head injuries can be very serious in any location. Falling down a flight of stairs, he is very lucky he did not break his neck. The point here is not to make a big deal out of the 3 inches.