Poor Drew Brees

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Nov 8, 2015.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Brees wins passing yardage title with only 15 games played. Played most of the TB game and most of the DET game and all of the last 2 games with injuries too. Legitimate injures, not just playing through pain.

Considering the team around him, this may have been his best year yet. Brees is done, huh? Bullshit!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Brees will come back next season and pass for 40 TDs. Mark it down.

3. islstl

Saints defense breaks NFL record for worst QB rating against, 116.2.

Saints' opponents QBs combined for 4,783 yds, 45 TDs, 9 Ints, 8.7 ypa, 68.4 % Completion Rate.

116.2 would rank as the 5th highest QB rating by a single QB in NFL history, just to put that in perspective.

4. islstl

Brees ended the season the with 181 pass attempts without an interception. His personal record is 235 pass attempts.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Even more proof that he played with an injury last year when everyone (including myself) was thinking he was done. I would like to see him and Payton make one more run at another Super Bowl, but I'm not sure that's possible given the salary cap hell we're in. Even if Drew restructures, I don't know if that would be enough.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The schedule will be significantly tougher next year as well. NFC West and AFC West; that means Denver, KC, San Diego, Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis (who seems to have our number under Payton). We may improve a great deal and still struggle to be above .500

fanatic and islstl like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Saints have so many needs where do you even start? Corners, Linebackers, D line, O line (still Unger and Armstead are a nice base) receivers, tight end, and running backs. Running backs can be addressed in free agency and late late in the draft. The Saints really need a number 1 receiver, Cooks isn't that and neither is Snead, although they would be a nice 2 and 3. They can also address that need in free agency. Really what I'd be looking at early in the draft is Corners, and potentially an O or D lineman.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Corners are useless if your D line is swiss cheese. Better build a line first.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I agree. A good pass rush will always make an average secondary better. But the best secondary will eventually get burned if you can't get to the QB.

Edit: In fact, if the Saints are ever going to get over their boycott of LSU players, this is the year to do it, with Deion Jones in the 2nd round.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  10. islstl

I'm assuming Brees turned down a Pro Bowl invite due to his foot issue. No way that Eli Manning, Philip Rivers (who turned it down, btw) and Tyrod Taylor got preference over Drew as the next replacement.