Democrats Poor Hillary..flat broke

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Bullshit...the so called lies had been an article of faith in Clinton's administration (Hillary just admitted she believe the evidence), France, Putin...Hell even Saddam's own generals believed he had WMDs....they were begging Saddam to let them use them when the allies were at the gates of his palace.

It is easy to say that to make it seem so simple..truth is W fucked up but he didn't have to lie as Saddam was an easy target. W bit off more than we could chew but he didn't create the lies you throw out.

gyver likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There is no country in the world that experiences the freedom that is America....not one. Your choice to narrow the entire concept to one recent economic reality shows your lack of perspective.

We trained and equipped much of the current armies in the middle east. They suck. They have nothing to fight for. Go spend some time really absorbing what happened on the beaches of Normandy. They went over the sides of their boats knowing damn well they probably wouldn't survive but they did it anyway. What the hell did training have to do with it? Not a gotdamn thing. The greatest generation....they were willing to die for the idea that is America...the concept of freedom. For generations, America has given her sons in that same vein. I spend more than a little of my time around vets. I didn't pull this point of view out of my ass.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Your ability to string together words without saying anything astounds me. Bravo, sir!

Those people didn't receive the same training that our kids receive. It's not even close. You cannot compare.

Everything. What does freedom in America have to do with US troops invading France to drive out the Germans?

I have spent a shitload of time around vets as well and I can promise you that you did pull this out of your ass because not a single one of them would brag about what they did and yammer on with a bunch of flag-waving bullshit like you're doing. They didn't fight and die for"freedom" or "America". They fought and died for the guy next to him and anyone in the infantry will tell you the same. If "Freedom" was such a great motivator, how did we get our asses handed to us by the Communist North Vietnamese? Why did we not wipe out North Korea?

Patriotic sentiments are nice, but they're not grounded in reality...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Rolan and Tiger in NC like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The lies were spoon fed by Dick Cheney and his Rumsfeld to Powell and then the American people. Iraq was a target before 9-11, but we were led to believe they had nukes, and they had something to do with 9-11. All bullshit fabricated by the Bush administration to sell it to congress and Americans. How can you deny this?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What freedom do we have that most other modern nations do not? Guns?

Anyway, I guess you missed my point. We vote under this vale of "freedom" wether taking away women's rights, supporting gay rights, etc. so much of these type issues block REAL progress.

Personally, I don't care what women want to do with their bodies and gays can be gay all they want. However, we Ellect idiots that run on one or two social principles and fuck up everything else.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If these one or two social principles are so minuscule then why can't your republican cronies adopt them? They are real issues, and they are important and until republicans get that through their skulls they are going to be out of the White House for a long time. But I don't see that happening because they rely on church dollar for their campaigns. That's why republican debates are like a game show called "let's see who can be the biggest far right wing neocon asshole"

Now, they can rig the game like they are trying to do really hard by suppressing the vote, or make rules where instead of electoral votes, states vote count would be based on how many congressional districts go for each candidate in each state...that would work for the GOP because congressional districts have been gerrymandered to ensure republican victories in a lot of states. So if a state like Pennsylvania is split into 7 districts, and 5 districts who have a lot less people than the other 2 go for candidate A, and the other 2 districts who have way more people in them go for candidate B, regardless if Cabdidate B wins the popular vote, candidate A wins because he/she won more districts wins the state.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

How can you ignore the facts that it wasn't Bush who developed the data that convinced the congress and allies and even our opponents. Much of the information was developed by the French, Brits and Germens. It was acknowledged by Putin and many in the ME.
    It is one thing to blame W for forcing the action but neither he nor Cheney or Rumsfeld crafted any "lies". Your hatred of W et al has clouded your view.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It goes both ways really. Both sides basically stonewall when money is involved.

I do agree republicans should let the gay marriage shit go. Really dumb position, but shit like paying for women's birth control etc is not all that important as compared to many other issues.

I also think a popular vote should be the way to go. It's just logical.

LaSalleAve and tigerchick46 like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think she belongs to the Party of Yes and will support a President involved with fighting a foreign war rather than being an obstructionist gridlocked tea-bagging witch-hunting Republican.

Also she was lied to by Dubya and Darth Cheney.