Pope’s Pedophilia Adviser’s Priest Arrested For Pedophilia

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2011.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. I think anyone that bases their belief in the Catholic Church on the actions of men is asking for trouble.

That's just not what I get out of reading the Bible or human history.

Mankind always fail, men always fail....the only reason we get into heaven is based on God's mercy not our "works"....

but anyway, I guess people like yourself read it differently...

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

here we go..............

1 person likes this.
  3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Morality is not derived from a book. People that molest kids should be shot. And those that help cover it up should be shot twice.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Bang:thumb:

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Morality is not derived from a book but it to a large degree it can be written down in a book. Being able to reference standards that are written down should help not hurt our ability to maintain order and justice.

No where is it written down in catholic texts that child abuse is alllowable. The individual priests should be held responsible. An attack on the Catholic Church as a whole is misguided....if human beings did what the church says then life on this planet would be better, not worse.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I don't think the entire cathloic church should be responsible for the actions of a small % of priest. I do agree that child molesters and the people that enable them and shield them from prosecution should be shot for the worst offences and imprisoned for life for all others.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The problem is that it is not a small % relatively speaking and that no real change has been made to stop it or change the culture.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Just because you write something down doesn't make it true.

And yes the Church needs to be attacked. They are helping to hide this crap. And if everyone just did what the church told you we would all be broke. Not to mention who wants to take their marching orders from some organized religion.

Life would be better if we actually had consequences for actions. These damn molesters go to jail for a few years. Big whoop. If someone was to touch your own kid I know exactly what I would do. And then if I found out some institution was covering this person up for years. It wouldn't be pretty.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They shouldn't bear 100% responsibility, but neither do they skate with 0% responsibility. Schools, team sports, scouts, and many responsible churches invest responsibility in all adults at all levels going all the way to the top. There is a lot of accountability, watchdogs, and safeguarding policies. When perps are found, they are dismissed instantly and permanently and if laws have been broken the cops are called quickly.

I think most people feel that the evidence shows that the Catholic Clergy has failed its responsibility at every level. If the Church itself cannot get control of its clergy, then its part of the blame will continue to rise.

I think the death penalty should only be used against those that take lives. Sexual predators should be imprisoned at hard labor with other sexual predators and may the best man lose.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm seeing an "Escape From New York" scenario here. Which city should we wall off and let them have? New Orleans, maybe?