Pope’s Pedophilia Adviser’s Priest Arrested For Pedophilia

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have maybe literally said it a thousand times. we have created a culture where religion is always used as a defense and we cower when it is mentioned. "men of the cloth" are respected as if they are something special. something other than frauds.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

you are goddamn right they do. the catholic church is basically a criminal and evil organization that spreads misery and guilt to billions.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the problem is when the head is corrupt the body is infected. this isnt some one-time or one-year thing. this coverup of molesting young children has been hidden by those in charge of this 'holy' congregation forever.

they are knowingly shielding pedophiles that have raped numerous children. All in the name of god. Why? because people arent allowed to make sense of religion by questioning things or else this entire **** would have been shut down.

you cant just say this is a small percentage of whatever. Its systemic. Fact is its on a much bigger scale than its even reported. This crap has been surfacing for decades now and yet their policy is not to report these child molesters; they often just assign them to a new parish to continue this nonsense.

is there anyone more evil than someone who would rape a child? if these were muslims doing this in america under the cloak of islam, the reaction would be a tad different.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

nope. read the article again. Riccardo Seppia =/= Angelo Bagnasco

Riccardo Seppia, the pedophile priest, is just one of the hundreds of parish priests in the archdiocese of Genoa, Italy

Angelo Bagnasco is the Archbishop of that archdiocese, and is also head of the Bishops Conference for all of Italy, and is one of the many high-profile clergymen that have input with Benedict regardling policy, including child abuse

neither of them are "in charge of being the watchdog for pedophilia" for the global church

but sure, the archbishop of Genoa did have a parish priest in his archdioceses that got arrested for both pedophilia and selling drugs. if this pedophile and drug-dealing priest gets out of jail, and the archbishop lets him serve in his archdiocese again, that would be f***ed up

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

this is what is being done. in just the USA alone, the catholic church has been hit with billions of dollars in judgments and settlements in child abuse cases

each dioceses is like their own little company. each diocese pays the paychecks for the priests in their dioceses, each diocese pays for the seminary education of the guys they accept into the priesthood in their dioceses, and every priest who joins a dioceses works just for that dioceses

so any dioceses that has priest commit abuse is going to get crippled by a lawsuit, especially if the bishop of that diocese looked the other way

go read up on what happened to dioceses that got busted harboring pedophile priests. they got hammered, just like the archdiocese of new orleans got hammered by not having the right insurance during Katrina. the archdiocese of new orleans lost hundreds of millions in Katrina and had to shut down churches diocesewide because of it. same thing is happening in those dioceses that got busted harboring pedophiles

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

you think it's bad being a Catholic parishioner, try being a Catholic priest.

I have several friends who are Catholic priests, and wherever they go, there are always people looking at them in disgust and on occasion, people will verbally insult them for being child molesters (they have to wear that priest uniform everywhere they go).

and although they don't have children of their own, they have brothers and sisters who have children that they love very much. they'd be furious if anybody molested them, especially a fellow priest

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

think about it. the US church got hit with billions of dollars in sex abuse cases, and the individual dioceses involved were crippled

if you were in charge of a diocese, you really think you wouldn't do anything to prevent pedophilia in your dioceses, if not just because it's evil, but at least so you don't get slammed with hundreds of millions in a lawsuit?

i volunteer helping out with the kids in the parishes near me, and everybody is freaked out about child abuse.

for example, i recently went with the kids on a school bus to this weekend retreat at a campground in MS. the adults were just me and two ladies. some college kids showed up to lead the particular activities. the boys all slept in this big room full of bunk beds, that had a two little side rooms: a big bathroom and a little room off to the side with a four bunkbeds for me and the male college kids that were putting on the retreat for us

well, the lady in charge of the thing tells me that the college students and I can't even go into the bathroom at the same time any of the kids are in there. it was a pain in the ass: we had 30 of the male kids using that bathroom, and it was the only men's bathroom

i agreed to it and enforced it, but in the back of my head, i kept thinking "man this is really stupid that we are so paranoid about this" -- being that in my past experiences with non-Catholic events, we don't care about stuff like that. for example, i used to be a summer camp counselor at the YMCA, and part of your job was taking the children into the big YMCA bathrooms to let them change into their bathing suits so you can go to the pool. we never had any of this "no going into the bathroom at the same time as the kids" paranoia

on top of that, our parish priest shows up on the 2nd night of the retreat, to say mass for the kids and all that. well the first thing he is concerned about is protecting the kids from child abuse. he goes and checks out the living arrangements and all that, and decides that not only can we not go into the bathroom if any kids are in there, but he doesn't even want us in the main room with the bunk beds if any kids are in there. so we ended up having to walk directly outside in the morning, and sit outside in the cold for like an hour, until all 30 of the kids got ready and exited the building

of course, on top of that, just to volunteer with the kids in the first place, they give you this huge binder will all this paperwork you have to sign just regarding the child abuse policy, which of course includes signing a release and providing ID for a criminal background check

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

exactly. i love the Boy Scouts, because I was a Boy Scout growing up, but even the Boy Scouts have had a problem with child abuse on a worldwide scale, including the Boy Scouts of America

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouting_sex_abuse_cases"]Scouting sex abuse cases[/ame]

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The issue is not at the local level, it's at the top. I'm sure you have a great parish and you guys are doing anything you can to avoid even the hint of impropriety. My point was that you can't really call the amount of a abusers a small portion when you look at it relative to the amount of abusers that are out there in general and the Pope and others at the very top have not done everything they need to do to stop this thing. Do you disagree with that?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The church is good and there are more good priests than bad. The problem is that the "good" priests and the "good" church have failed to rid themselves of their bad apples. It's like the "blue wall of silence" that the cops have. They never rat out a bad cop, even if he's a thug who lies under oath and breaks laws. It makes them all share the stench of the bad cops that they protect.

No, I think it is more than that. The size and pervasiveness of this issue at all levels is unique to the celibate priesthood of the Catholic Church. No other church has a problem even approaching that of Roman Catholicism. And it has gone on for decades and decades with half-hearted efforts from the church to stop it. Country after country has had enough and is hammering the Church in the courts. Now a Cardinal and advisor to the Pope is involved. Some serious internal restructuring must happen or this could get really, really bad.