Pope: How Could God 'Tolerate' Holocaust?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, May 28, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i talked to god and he said supa was right. prove me wrong.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

First you must establish that God actually spoke to you. Don't forget to include how a diety that you don't recognize is involved.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is mostly not true and extends from propaganda dating way back to the Protestant Rebellion. The Bible Catholics read today is the exact same as the cannon used by Christians since the books were bound together. It was the protestants who removed certain books of the old testament. The earliest King James bibles contained the books know erroneously called the apocrypha. They were not removed until some time later.

The Cannon was unchanged from the first time it was bound together in the 4th century until the Protestants removed books in the 16th century.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He's fine and all with the concept of a God who created everything. Where he stops being fine is the concept of "son-killing" to "redeem".

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

How can you talk to a God you do not believe exists? Your words not mine. If you do not believe in Him, how would your prayers rise above ceiling height? No need to prove you wrong. Supa and I have the exact same God, only different doctrine that we follow. We made choices. You have made a choice. We believe in Christ as the son of God. Prove me wrong.:thumb:

6. LSUsupaFan

Your understanding is slightly flawed, and it would take alot to shore it up. My question is do you really care to know where you are wrong, where you are confused, and what on this list is just made up? If you want to adress these issues one at a time you could PM me.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

At best, the Church at one time discouraged the private study of scripture by the laity. Defend that.

The only way, historically or otherwise, one can defend the Church if one believes its teachings. It's too rife with corruption extending even to the highest offices and benefices. And that's not even to mention the clear scriptural contradictions inherent.

8. LSUsupaFan

The Church, cannot be corrupt as it is a devine institution. Even if corrupt men lead it, what the church teaches is still true.

There is nothing in Catholicism that contradicts scripture, there is just misunderstanding of what a doctrine means.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont have to establish anything, i have faith, i dont care if you have faith or not. i asked you to prove me wrong, and you cant. also god told me hates you.

my god doesnt happen to care if you believe in him or not, unlike your mean god who sends you to hell. my god talks to me even if i dont believe in him. how dare you question my faith in the totally ludicrous. you may not agree, but i do ask that you respect my stupid stupid baseless faith.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i kinda think it would be funny if someone walked around with a sign that said "god told me the dirty jews are evil and should be killed", and then when asked, would claim he didnt agree with what god told him, he was just the messenger.

when people got mad he could get mad with them, and wonder aloud why his god was so angry.