Positive Thinking...What was your favorite road game ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Rubi, Sep 17, 2006.

1. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

In LSU Football?

Mine would have to be one of my first road trips and that was to the Swamp...im not talking about ohlala. It was 2002 and I went with some buddies and we got into town the friday before. All i remember is the abundance of LSU fans already there and their little bar called "The Swamp" turned into an LSU bar. My friend who attended UFA said no other school had done that when she was there. The game was espcially special since we kicked their butts at home.

2. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Easy, last year in Tuscaloosa, even better than the when-pigs-fly game. Top 5 teams, OT, dramatic win. Of course we could have done without the queers makin out on national tv.

The '02 trip to Gainesville was nice, but that was when Mauck broke his foot.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU at Alabama in 1982.

LSU completely dominated #8 Bama defensively on their own turf, holding them without a first down for the entire first half. It was the kind of old-fashioned ass-whuppin' that we didn't deliver very often against Bama, and never at their place. Final score 20-10.

After the game, Bear Bryant said that LSU beat them badly, took the blame for it, and then surprised everyone by saying that maybe it was time for a coaching change at Alabama. He retired at the end of that season and passed away just a month later.

4. Broke

Broke Founding Member

See what a life void of football does. You just check out immediately.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Ole Miss 2003, me and three friends sat in the middle of the Ole Miss season ticket holders' section all decked out in purple and gold. Man that was fun especially when the game ended with Eli falling flat on his @ss. The entire side of the stadium that we sat on went silent except for four fools yelling and screaming like maniacs. Beat Onelane !

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

2001 at Bama. Rohan to Reed all day long. 2003 in Oxford was a close second.

7. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Not for me...i drive...well rode, with some friends and get to oxford only to wake up the moron that got drunk the night before and passed out in his car to lose all of our tickets. I was not a happy camper. Ended up watching the game with a bunch of really nice ole miss professors who had a awsome set up outside their building. They had 2 big screen tvs and the lsu fans next to them asked us to watch their stuff while they went to the game. They let us finish off their pot of jambalya and beer. Turned out to be not as bad as it could have been.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Or the SugarBowl vs Illinois...
    I don't know the last time we had an offense like that but that was so much fun to watch.
    Really enjoyed that season.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yes, the offense was on fire in the first half.

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

If the post season counts I would have to go with the 2001 SECCG. Our first championship game appearance and the pleasure of watching all of those Tennessee fans have to eat those roses they carried around all pre-game. Priceless.

Also the sounds of Pour Some Sugar On Me while we exited the stadium. Sweetness. :thumb: