Positive Thinking...What was your favorite road game ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Rubi, Sep 17, 2006.

1. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

2005 at Alabama followed closely by 2004 at Florida

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Did y'all steal the tvs too? :hihi:

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

SEC Champ against Tenn. (if that counts)

4. chele

chele Founding Member

My only road game - South Carolina in 2003.

It was right after the Florida game and was the first night the running game was really on track. I remember asking someone "Who's got Toefield's number?" (Alley). He was running over DBs left and right. I also remember noticing that anytime a SC WR caught the ball, they were tackled immediately. That's when I started thinking that it might be our year.
    :crystal:

Oh yeah, we also were sitting right behind the band, and Nick came to wave to us all at the end of the game. We had been loud, and lots of SC folks left early. =)

5. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

2002 vs. Florida. Crip*TEAMKATT and I sitting with the band next to the loud ass tuba players and gator chopping the UF fans.

2001 vs. Moo U. for no other reason than sitting amongst a bunch of Moo U fans ringing their "cowbells", then after a pregame cheer where cowbells were rung, among the end of the cowbells, my friend standing up and yelling, "I love cows." It made no sense at all, but it the spirit of that moment, one of the funniest things I have witnessed.

2003 vs. Ole Miss - Drove to Oxford late Friday, tailgated for 4 hours in the morning, then drove to Jackson to watch the game at Hooters, only to be outnumbered...not by Ole Miss fans (there were some) but by a bunch of people who just didn't like us. I, of course, did not help the situation by continually yelling out obsceneties throughout the duration of the game.

6. lsubye-ufan

lsubye-ufan Freshman

Dec. 30, 2005 Atlanta Peach Bowl

I made the mistake of beliveing my lying non lsu fans friends and allowed them to purchase my tickets. They but us in the middle of Canes fans. Didn't turn out bad though they didn't have anything to say to me after the first drive. But boy did I have alot to say to them.:eek:ldskule: :geauxtige :laflagwav :lsup: LSU!

7. kappa8062

kappa8062 Founding Member

I would have to say, Last Year's bama game....... We spent 725 bucks for 4 student ticket's, in THEIR student section!!!!!! When Bowe scored that touchdown, i stood up and yelled when everyone went quite and everyone turned at looked at me with my LSU jersey. It was probubly the best away game i've been too and thats counting the Peach Bowl last year in our student section and the LSU vs Oklahoma Sugar bowl that i was also in the student section.......I never want to graduate!!!!

8. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

Would have to agree....we had a blast! Vols that we talked to just didn't know what to say...they thought for sure they were Rose bound.

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

2002 LSU @ UK tied with 2005 bama game.

i was so pumped for alabama it was unreal and when they had the fly-by...it was awesome

10. bigbowe80

bigbowe80 Founding Member

I would have to say there would be two different games I would say. The first would be the best overal road trip experience. That would have to be the LSU-Arizona game 3 years ago. Me and my uncle flew out there like 2 days early. We went up to the grand canyon and hiked down to the bottom, then we went down to Mexico the day before the game. Finnally I member how the lsu fans we took over their bars before the game. The Arizona people could not belive we traveled that good and actually brought motorhomes that far. It wasn't much of a football game but the whole experience was awesome. As for as total awesome autmosphere/game day experience/actual game it would have to be lsu-ole miss 2003. Me and my buddies got up to Oxford that friday night and went out to the downtown circle where there was like 500 ole miss students on one side of the road and maybe 200 lsu ones on the other. My buddies got the genious idea to bust out our lsu flags in the middle of the road between the 2 groups. Soon there was so much commomtion the cops told us we would need to stop with the flags cause there was about to be a riot. That was only the start to one of the wildest football weekends ever as for as just sheer hatred b/t both groups it was unbelievable. Then the actual game was just total torture as for as the first play from scrimmage mauck throws the pick for a td but it all worked out in the end. Def some good memories from 2003 though going to 13 out of 14 of those games.I kept all the tickets and then a chik I knew happened to go to the South Carolina game and gave me that one so I got to frame all 14 tickets in a badass deal. Something I'll give my grandkids one day.:lsup: