Positive Thinking...What was your favorite road game ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Rubi, Sep 17, 2006.

1. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

LSU vs AU 1996

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

It's been a while since I have gone to an away game, but these two are classics...

1986 vs Bama. Tigers won 14-10.

1987 vs Georgia. Tigers Won 26-23.

The UGA game is the one that is showed in a bar scene toward the beginning of Cocktails (w/Tom Cruise).

3. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I've only been to one away game so far and that was last years Alabama game. Me and my wife were surrounded by Bama fans but since we could hear the band we did all the cheers and dances. I'm sure that drove the Bama fans around us nuts. That was the start of my journey to attend all SEC stadiums. This year, Arkansas!

4. springtxtiger

springtxtiger Founding Member

LSU vs. Alabama, 1993. Unbelievable that during the Curley years, we handed them a loss in Tuscaloosa ... they hadn't been beaten since 1991. There were some seriously ticked off Bama fans that day ... we celebrated our arses off, then got out of that stadium FAST.

5. jeremyws1

jeremyws1 Founding Member

When Eli fell. Need I say more?

6. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

Pretty amazing all these people saying the 2005 bama game, yet in other threads, you turn around and say how bad Alabama has been in recent years.

Regardless, LSU has gotten the best of Shula, and congrats on the win last year.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What's amazing about it? Bama had a good season in 2005 and played us a pretty good game. They were wretched the previous four years.

8. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Mine would have to be last year in Tuscalooser. I went with my brother and a couple buddies. We had a blast. We went to the strip and visited some great bars. One of them was about a 50/50 mix of LSU/Bama fans. I had one bama girl come up to me and take my hat off and put it on my crotch. She told me that was where it belonged. I responded by telling that is where her mouth belonged. :lol:
    That Friday night in the bar the LSU fans the Bama fans went back and forth with Geaux Tigers! and Roll Tide.
    It was awesome.

9. edyel

edyel edyel

2003, LSU vs the whinning OU. It actually was an "away" game. That was the year LSU outright WON the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I sold my soul to the credit card companies for tickets and airfare,etc.,etc., Damn,that was a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!:crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

10. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

I have 2 submissions here: Both were oddly enough from last year

For the best road "game" inside the stadium, it was last year's Peach Bowl. Watching all those arrogant Miami fans "evacuate" in the 3rd quarter was hilarious. I have never enjoyed a lopsided game so much.

For the best environment outside the stadium, my vote goes to Vanderbilt last year. I arrived on Friday night and went down to Honky Tonk row, which was completely taken over by Tiger fans. All the bands it every bar were playing "Louisiana" songs and the fans were rowdy. It was a great night.