Positive Thinking...What was your favorite road game ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Rubi, Sep 17, 2006.

1. CresentCityTige

CresentCityTige Freshman

I have two - the first was the SEC Championship game that took us to the Sugar Bowl and the NC. It was wild. The Georgia fans were everywhere and kept telling us that the "best team" was going to win this time. They were right, the best team did win. We partied until the early morning knowing we had a short at the Sugar Bowl and the NC game. Heard the news listening to WWL driving home. Last years OT game at Bama was great. I like going to Alabama - the last three trips there have been a lot of fun. Their fans take losing so well or at least better than most.

2. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

Bama last year was a lot of fun. I was on the bus trip and when we arrived we took over the gameday set. Some trailer trash grandma bama fan tried to fight one of my friends. she was drunk off her a$$ and had two little kids with her...classy. This doesnt technically count as a road game but watching LSU beat texas in the elite 8 last year in a friends dorm in Austin was the most fun ive ever had. I was being so obnoxious that the people down the hall kept screaming at me to shut the **** up every time we did something. When Big Baby hit that 3 to ice the game I almost tore the place apart. I then proceeded to blast the pregame into the hallway of the dorm and was promptly hailed with about 100 simultaneous 4 letter insults. Most satisfying feeling in the world. Put those cocky Texass punks in their place.:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

3. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

1988 Alabama

Tigers overcome a 15-0 deficit in 2d qtr to win 19-18 on David Browndyke FG with less than a minute remaining.

It was the last great win of the Archer era.

GEAUX TIGERS

4. freddy

freddy Founding Member

1997 -- LSU 27 Bama 0, we took over the stadium by the third quarter

5. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

As for me personally, the 1998 LSU game.

The Tide comes from behind in the final minutes to continue the 29 year road winning streak against the bayou bengals.

6. TigerLap

TigerLap Freshman

LSU vs. Arizona, 2003

Best road game ever. Left New Orleans and switched flights in Dallas. Had two more connecting flights into AZ and both planes were full of LSU fans. When we had to switch to a connecting flight in Albuquerque, NM, the bars were already closing down. Needless to say, thousands of LSU fans convinced them to do otherwise.

Once in Tucson, there were even more LSU fans and we pretty much took over. There was an even LSU alumni who owned a bar, that was ground zero for all of the parties. Even on the golf courses, nothing but purple/gold.

We even had more tailgaters on the AZ campus.

The game was great, even though it was a blow out. But the fact that that was the season we went to the SECCG and the Nat'l Champ. made the trip even better.

:crystal:

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I call bullchit on this, there is definitely some auburn or tennessee game somewhere that is more important to you

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

My favorite too. We lived in Birmingham at the time. I was 11 and thought that was the greatest game ever.

To add to your description, we hadn't beaten them in 11 years.

9. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

i was just talking about LSU games dude

not overall, no way. i have nothing against lsu; i dont care if they beat us.

Tennessee? Fvck 'em.