Positivity with Les Miles.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 11, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, the season is almost over, got 1 game left, and i hope this team blows Penn State out of Orlandeaux.

That being said, Les Miles has to be in the top 5 coaches in NCAA during the offseason. He is a great recruiter, and makes splashes with his coaching hires. This offseason right now, looks to be no different, in fact, i would venture to say, i was more excited about LSU football when the season ended last year, then i was during last season.

All the Miles haters out there cannot deny, that Les brings the thunder in the offseason.
    :geaux:

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

What ya tryin to do with this thread LaSalle? :grin:

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I love Miles. Sure he's got his faults, but every coach does. I look for at least one more firing/hiring in the offseason, as well as a solid recruiting class. Plus, it seems that in previous years, any serious problems during the regular season were dealt with during the off season. This is one of the coach's primary jobs, and Miles has done well in that respect.

Besides, until he really blows it, Miles is the coach. Haters, why be angry, resentful, and down right hateful about a past time that you take up to have fun? Might as well find something positive:milesmic:

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm feeling it, in fact, that's what I've told a lot of my friends since being over here.

Nobody rallies the troops like CLM.

If success breeds contempt, Surely confusion breeds intensity, desire to right the wrong, sort of the rallying of the troops.

However, addressing your new avatar is somewhat confusing, until I just saw that ESPN is declaring this week "support your favorite sports hero".

Tell the truth, your a golfer? :lol:

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

In all seriousness guys I am feeling better with hearing about some of these hires/rumored hires. If we can ship Crowten out (I know officially he is still in) and now that Stud is gone we can change this offense dramatically like the defense was changed from last year to this year. Things are looking up.

All we need now is a shaving of some Nittany Lions. :tigerhead

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Miles is shaking the tree and the ripe apples are falling into his bag of tricks. Things are looking good and I like what I am hearing about our future. Keep your hats on ladies and gentlemen the ride is getting fun.:geaux: :tigereye: :milesmic: :LSU231:

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Miles is great at everything except gameday.

If we could just leave his ass in the locker room during the games we would be in much better shape.

1 person likes this.
  8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I concur... Blow out PSU, send Crowton packing, and let's get ready for '10!

BTW, nice avatar -- who is she?

:geauxtige

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

no clue.

10. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Miles knows next year is imperative to him remaining the HC at LSU. Joe Alleva is not the AD that hired Miles and in my time in collegiate athletics it's easier to fire a guy you didn't hire than one you did. Miles is 0-6 the last two seasons vs. UF, UA and UM and that's not going to cut it any more at LSU. He can't afford to go 0-9 versus those teams, particularly Bama. LSU has everything in place to be contending for the national championship every year, so the margin for error is very thin. If Miles is eventually fired you can point to the Ole Miss gaffe as the beginning of the end. That debacle on national TV did more to harm his career than winning the '07 NC did to enhance it in my opinion.