Possible NC scenario?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont like the present BCS system. I think a plus one which would be a playoff of sorts or top 8 tourney is needed. As of now, IMO no way should LSU or any team thats not a conference champ should play for the BCSCG.

2. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

Im thinking lsu will vt in the orange bowl.

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

The real BCS nightmare scenario would be this:

1) Oregon, TCU, AND Boise all lose their final game

2) Aubarn goes undefeated

3) AU vs. LSU in BCSNC

4) One week before the NC game, the NCAA rules Cam ineligible.

5) They must forfeit all those W's.

6) LSU is declared the 2010 National Champions WITHOUT winning the SEC and WITHOUT even playing the NC game!

Ha! We can only hope something so disastrous as this could play out to put an end to these stupid weekly polls and get a real FBS playoff system going.

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I read the whole article, and only found this passage regarding LSU's season:

LSU’s had as unlikely an 8-1 start to a season as perhaps any team in recent college football history. There's been wacky fourth-quarter fake field goals, bizarre fourth down reverse plays, and heinous clock management. There's been a head coach getting booed in the third and fourth quarters of wins, inept play at quarterback, and a whole bunch of ridicule.

Maybe the article was re-edited, but I didn't find the word 'lucky' anywhere, and everything in this paragraph is true.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well some of the things we needed to happen this past weekend happened, but were a wash because of other outcomes. WVU, UT, BAMA winning good. Miss St, UF, UNC losing bad. UT beating the pants off OM ,good and bad because now how we play OM will be somewhat judged. TCU struggling good, BSU playing in a HS stadium on National TV good. Bottom line this past weekend didn't really do anything, yet, but could play a roll as the season unfolds. Our best shot is for all 4 teams ahead of us to stumble AU and Ore in particular. TCU and BSU need to at least play poorly, but don't necessarily need to lose. An AU lose against Bama and then in the SECCG moves us up for sure, should TCU and BSU play close games to lessor opponents and their signature wins continue to lose, with ours continuing to win, we could jump them. I don't expect UF or UNC to get ranked again but if AU, WVU, Miss St, Bama, Ark are all ranked at the end of regular season,and TCU's and BSU's signature wins are all unranked we have a shot. Having gone 4-1 against the top 25 in the final regular season polls will give us strong computer rankings.

6. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

Its time for you people to wake up .. LSU is not going to the BCSNC game this season...you can spin all these scenerios a million different ways and you will get the same outcome...NOT THIS YEAR...

LSU wil be 10-2 worse case...

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It's not that any of us really think that the Tigers are going to make it to the BCSNCG, but it is nice to dream, and if past strange scenarios are any indication it is still possible.

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

In otherwords ... you don't care who the best team in the nation is ...you just want a conference winner to play.

I look at it all, .... luck and all, LSU is a darn good team. Auburn barely beat us, and that game could have just as easily went the other way. That was a match up between two very good team. It is a quality loss.

If Oregon loses to Oregon state ... what does that tell someone?? That tells you that Oregon doesn't play anyone worth playing. ... and So What if they win their conference! .. it's a WEAK conference. That's like saying
    noisy should be in the title game just because they won their conference .... never mind they didn't play a single top seed team, and mostly played lower tier teams. Who's next .. the undefeated Sun Belt champ???

The only way to look at it IMO is to look at strength of sched. ALL other 1 loss teams will have faced only 3 ranked teams .. and that will include Oregon if they lose!! LSU will have faced 5, with two ranked in the top Ten!!

IMO .. it would be unjust as hell to NOT put LSU in the NC game if Oregon loses one and AU loses 2. Even if AU loses one, there is a case to be made that LSU should still go. AU didn't blow us out, and if they lose to a team we beat, its a toss up IMO. It will be about Rankings at that point, and as Izzy has pointed out, the cloud about the pay to play won't fair well in the human polls.

I say ...:geaux: .. and win out and see what happens.

9. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

In a playoff then yes, I think LSU should be included. We SHOULD have a playoff. That said, in the current system. No I dont think a conference runner up should play for the title. If Auburn loses to Bama they would have one loss as well, but a win over LSU.

There are a ton of scenarios that have to take place for LSU to get in the game. If we somehow luck out and make it you better believe Id cheer LSU on. IMO though LSU shouldnt be in the game underthis current and crappy system.