Possible OC For Next Year???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Oct 22, 2010.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not sure it has been posted earlier but Todd Dodge HC at North Texas and
    the former coach of SL Carroll where they won something like 5 Tex HS State Championships is now available. Easily the counterpart and equal to Gus Malzahn at Auburn and a very similar HS history as a HC. He had 5 consecutive 5A POY with his QB's. He is former Texas QB also. Do we need a QB coach??? :lsup: He was doomed from the start at North Texas, anyone who has ever been to the place would think it was the equivalent of a 3A HS in facilities.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Crowton will be the OC. JJ will be the stating QB and Miles still won't be able to tell time.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

We should have Mettenberger and Rivers coming in next year. This offseason is the perfect time to start fresh. Les will get no end of grief for keeping Crowton for the 3rd straight year of subpar-to-horrible offense with NFL talent. Les will only be digging himself deeper keeping Crowton around for another year. And not just with us commoner fans, the money people as well.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

agree with all but JJ at QB...gotta think it will be Lee or Mettenberger at QB next season....UNLESS...LSU wins the National Championship. In which case, I wont give a rats arse who is coaching or playing QB next season :D

5. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

That's a good one! I will chant JJ's name at tiger stadium if we win the BCS championship this year....

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Baring something drastic, I really believe Crowton is gone after this year. I don't think JJ will be the starter either unless Lee is injured. Miles however, still won't be able to tell time.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Does anybody really care
    If so I can't imagine why
    We've all got time enough to whine

And I was running down the field one day
    Being pushed and shoved by players trying to beat the clock,
    oh, so I just don't know,
    I just don't know
    And I said, yes I said

Oh no, no

My apologies to Chicago a/k/a Chicago Transit Authority when this song was cut.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Interesting thought - he would be helpful recruiting in Texas. One of the most exciting football games I have ever been to at any level was the Katy -SL Carrol champioship game in 2003ish or so. Pretty sure Dodge was coach there then. He ran the epitome of Texas high school wide open offenses. Don't know how his style would fit CLM but you never know. But your right - he was doomed from the get go at North Texas.

9. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I think Cranium will be like the rest of the departures. Les is helping him find another job, and he will use the excuse that he "wanted to be closer to home" or something to that nature. We all know the money Alum handed him his hat, but Miles will give him the easy way out. I for one respect that about Miles. In today's world everyone claims to be a person of character but he lives it.

Oh I forgot to answer......yes I would like to what Dodge could do with our talent.

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Actually I think they played each other twice, each team winning. Kind of ironic that TCU got the Katy QB and Ryan Perriloux was the reason the SL Carroll QB did not go to Texas and ended up at Mizzou, and now a Saint!

Dodge can coach and he can REALLY coach QB's. Perhaps if Georgia makes a move for Muschamp then Dodge might end up back at his alma mater in some capacity. I know this much, he won't be unemployed very long unless he wants to be that way. As for Dodge, he is the kind of coach that coaches according to the talent he has and what will fit, NOT the other way around.LSU!