Possible OC For Next Year???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Oct 22, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes really!!! He is still on the radio? I thought he disappeared years ago and the world was better off for it. Most clueless and obnoxious sports radio personality ever.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It's one of life's sad injustices. The guy must've been fired from every radio station in Baton Rouge in his career. He's on 1210 in the afternoons. It's a damn shame. because TK and Chris Landry's 1-hour show is usually very good and informative, and then they give Condon a freakin 3-hour block at 4pm. :dis:

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Wait! Condon was talking about sports. I don't believe it!

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I'd prefer to just let Billy Gonzales take over, but who knows whether or not that'd be an improvement.

Given the school's financial limitations at the moment, I doubt they hire a big name guy. Promoting Billy G seems like the inevitable move, I just hope it pays off.

5. lsudolemite

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. lsudolemite

I'm not too high on that move right now. For a guy brought in to be a "passing game coordinator" BG's receivers have not looked very impressive at all, either getting separation from defenders or catching balls.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Not sure how you can fault a coach for receivers not catching the ball. As much as you preach concentration in practice, it's up to the players come game time. The balls that TT and Rueben dropped tonight, those were just drops; they weren't for lack of coaching.

As for getting separation, I actually think we're running better routes this year than last season. The jury is still out on Gonzales, for sure, I'm not sure if I totally believe in him as a coach yet, but at the least he's been a better WR coach than McCarthy (which is not saying much).

But I do think he was brought in here with the long term plan of giving him the full-time job. I don't think that they would give him the passing game coordinator title one season, and then hire a completely new guy to be the full-time OC the next. I have to believe Gonzales will get an audition for the job either late this season (possibly the bowl game, after the school clears it's 2010 budget) or all of next season.

I'm not totally sold on him either, but I feel the writing is on the wall that he's our next OC.

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Well, we know he taught the receivers to spin after the catch.

Now, if we could just get them to make the catch..... :geaux:

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

What sucks about it, is that TT had seemed to turn a corner last week. He was finally flashing the dominant gamebreaking ability that we've needed from him, and then he drops everything thrown his way this week. Who knows where his play goes from here.

Inexplicable, but I guess those are the highs and lows of college football.

10. lsudolemite

You may be right. I know Meyer has to be kicking himself at this point for giving Addazio the OC job.

I don't know if LSU's finances can be really used as an excuse to not go after a top-name OC who likely won't make more than the $400K Crowton pulls down, after we're contractually obligated to pay Les around $15M. BG may have been the long-term plan, I don't know, but I suspect Les is feeling the heat to fix the O problems in the immediate future with a known commodity.