Possible recruiting violation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 30, 2009.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I heard that McCarthy was the only coach who did not recieve a raise. Could this possibly be his "phuck you" on the way out?

In my mind I see it as Miles, or the AD, telling him he no longer has a job and McCarthy saying "Oh yea, well I did X, Y, and Z with this player, so have fun with that."

Or I could be completely wrong...seems odd it would come at this time when there is talks of a rout of offensive coaches.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Actually, it's within reach in my opinion. From the article:

Interesting angle.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It involves one player. No indication of how serious it is, but the AD is pursuing it vigorously which is good.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i guess no one knows exactly, but i'm getting the feeling it's not that big of a deal. should i be worried more??

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

exactly what i was thinking. if you remember WAY back to the first game of the season, McCarthy was tooting his U-Dub horn quite a bit and seemed pretty cocky about it. that's fine and all since he was a player there and won a title, but he always came across as a prick to me (in the admittedly few times i've read his words or have heard him speak.) i think people are trying to make a big deal about this because of the miles situation, or the "conspiracy" which, to me, is JUST PLAIN STUPID! the integrity of a program and a school is MUCH more important than one man. i think this blows over. i mean, seriously. the NCAA did jack **** to USC with the whole reggie debacle, surely this is nothing even close to that.

anyway it couldn't have come at a worse time, really.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Hicks. Mccarthy has been gone for a while now. I don't have inside knowledge. Just hear-say.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Basically, we pulled a Kiffen. :yelwink2:

Minor self-reported violations. Which I would guess is something equivalent to illegal contact with a prospect during silent periods, etc...

LSU has been aware of it and part of the reason I do not expect McCarthy will be back next year but it is not something requiring LSU to fire him.

8. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

You know, I have been thinking all season... How can this many awesome receivers not get open? Why do we give up so many coverage sacks with this talent? Our WR coach must suck.

D.J. McCarthy , If you are a double agent hired by Alabama or Florida or SEC hierarchy, you will be found. Don't mess with LSU.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

quote of the thread!

10. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

A bigger reason is that JJ is scared to pull the trigger. A good aspect is that in the beginning of the season, JJ didn't throw many interceptions, something we sorely needed our QB to not do after last year. Unfortunately he never seemd to get out of that overprotective comfort zone and take some shots.

How much of that is due to the coaches preaching ball protection is unknown. There have been many open receivers.