Possible recruiting violation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 30, 2009.

1. lsutygrfan3710

lsutygrfan3710 Founding Member

i think this whole thing is giving them a reason to get rid of Mccarthy easier and that is why it is coming out right now...porter gone, mccarthy gone and next is crowton....all new offensive coaching for next year..

2. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Just wait and see what comes of it. Sounds like nothing too serious or we definitely would've heard something through the grapevine by now.

As far as McCarthy, doubtful he's going to go out the door with a last minute "f-you" to the coaching staff. Chances are he's going to want another job somewhere and attempt to keep his reputation at least somewhat intact.

On the other hand, this guy may have done something to piss the coaching staff off so much that they are willing to feed him to the wolves.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I have always wondered about McCarthy for some time. I was at the entrance to the locker room one time next to his kids and they were going over the barricade to go with him. His youngest was a little too small to jump over like the others so McCarthy grabbed him with one hand and lifted him up. He must have been loosing his grip because the boy could not get over, so I picked him up and set him on the other side of the barricade. The youngster told me thank you but McCarthy looked straight at me and not a peep. He is very arrogant looking, and strikes me as the type of guy who thinks he is entitled.

I may be wrong about him and I don't like to judge people on outside apperances. From what I read about him I may be right though.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

if it was just pissing someone off, i dont think miles throws his assts under the bus. but if he pulled a recruiting violation, you bet feed him to the wolves. stupid **** can bring a program down and no one in the program should be pulling that crap.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i think he was trying so hard to be the anti jarret lee after 08 that he went the other direction to the extreme.

i think the coaches had something to do with it too. either way i guess we'll find out next yr with a new offensive coaching staff.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This will blow over, I think. The AD is handling it in the best manner and being pro active. McCarthy on the other hand, well just another of the many offensive asst's that are going to be shown the door. Either by choice or by force. Miles and the Tigers will not be held back by anything that doesn't live up to Miles's expectations.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I have always disliked Mccarthy. I called for his head years ago on this board. He's an awful coach and always has been.

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

He's a good recruiter.. though.. :hihi:

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

just the other day i was having the should Miles go or stay conversation at the family Thanksgiving gathering, you know you always have those family members who want to jump ship every year, and thinks everyone should be fired and start all over every season. I told some of them, well at least you aren't hearing about NCAA investigations and probes for cheating, and shady tactics.

Damn!!!

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think the player in question is Russell Shepards cousin DB Craig Loston