Possible recruiting violation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 30, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He wasn't recruited by McCarthy and the player in question never got playing time this year. That rules out Loston.

Akiem Hicks who was disgruntled this year after going down with an injury in the Spring is more likely.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes.

The NCAA can be vindictive bastards if they get annoyed with a program. You never know what they are going to run with or when. They hounded Dale Brown for years until they found something that could stick by breaking their own rules to do it. They slapped Bama on the wrist many times until one year Bama overreached and the NCAA decided to hammer them down a bit.

Alleva and Miles will have to step and fetch and hope this is an isolated incident with a rogue coach. When he didn't get the raise, it was a clear signal that Les expected him to find some greener pastures next season.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I thought Loston never played this year (Wrist Injury??). And wasnt there some funny business about his test scores coming out of high school in Texas and then graduating from a Local Private High School in Baton Rouge.

4. bhelmLSU

He played on Special teams in the 1st game of the season.

Not really funny business. He worked on correspondence classes like many prospects do. Can't recall but he might have bypassed the Texas exit exams but that is not against the rules and wouldn't involve anyone on LSU's coaching staff.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

bhelm, any chance its Ford they are talking about, didn't McCarthy recruit Ford?

6. bhelmLSU

Not from what I have heard.

Hicks is the only one I have heard mentioned.

7. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I've heard Hicks and Benton. Hicks seems like the logical choice.. and we shouldn't get any type of dramatic penalties as the player in question was supposedly benched for this very reason.

You hear anything about Alleva telling Miles to fire McCarthy immediately when Miles gave him the information? A few reputable guys say that Miles told him no and it caused a rift between the two.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

what am i missing? why "disgruntled"? he thought the trainers sabotaged him?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is there any chance that someone from TAF is trying to dig up dirt so Miles' contract can be voided?

10. tigerbait86

tigerbait86 Veteran Member

Offensive coaching changes and violations?

I'm hearing D.J. McCarthy (WR Coach) is under investigation for a possible recruiting violation. I also heard that LSU is shopping OC's, OL, and WR coaches that maybe available. We may see a complete coaching changeup on the offensive side. I really dont have much details on this besides that Joe Alleva announced the possible recruiting violation recently. Does anyone have any details on any of this?