Possible That Officiating is Crooked?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WinnfieldTiger, Sep 19, 2006.

1. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Not to say that any of these officials were on the take, or that any official anywhere is on the take, but what if? Do any of you ever think about this?

What about lawyers, doctors, judges, policemen, teachers, preachers, politicians???? The list goes on and on about those we read about every day in the news or see on television that are on the take?

No one wants to think that this occurred vs. Auburn but I'm not so sure.

Was the point spread met? Did any of these calls lead to the point spread being met? High profile game, national TV, lots of action in Vegas?

Just a thought.

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

point spread was around -3.5 auburn....auburn won by 4

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Auburn covered by 1/2 pt.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its possible but if you think about it rationally, how would you go about it?

pay off the guys in the review booth but theres no guarantee it will come down to them.

pay off a ref? which one? all of them? almost impossible. just one wouldnt help.

if not them then its down to paying off players. that would mean LSU. wasnt no quit in them boys saturday so scratch that.

thats why i can only conclude intimidation and nutless officials across the board.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You can have them on the take without ever offering up any money. It's simple. these men travel. A lot. In some strange town you send a hot chick over to talk/ have drinks with them. Get the hot girl into a hotel room, couple of pictures later, you own them. Most of these guys have families they would do anything to protect. Including throwing a ballgame to prevent their wife/kids from finding out they been picking up whores on the road.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dunno, have you seen these old bastards? you'd have a better chance of blackmailing them with a denny's all you can eat coupon.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

:rofl:
    Ok, so my scenario doesnt work as a blanket case, but you get the point. And, all you need to do is get one or two of them, and you can really f*** up the flow of a game.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I've always kinda wondered about that (officials possibly being biased in certain games).

I'd like to know where these officials are from (not their actual address--but something general--like which state, etc.). It's well-known throughout the country that people in the south are diehards for their college sports...and I would imagine that each one of these officials are from the southern states, since they're employed by the SEC and not from all across the country like the NFL. So in theory, each of these had to have grown up a fan of a particular school/grew up dislikeing a particular school.

I mean, this game nonwithstanding, there have been some pretty down-right PITIFUL calls (and in games not involving LSU) that HAS to make you wonder what the hell were they thinking????!!!!

Look, I hate going to the "excuse bucket" and pulling out the old "it was us against the refs" thing, but to be honest, sometimes there just doesn't seem to be any other explanation (and I'm not using that only because of this past game either). No matter who's playing, I absolutely HATE it when the officials take over a game--make a call that directly impacts the game and pretty much seals the fate of both teams....

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

They may not have been "bought" or blackmailed. It's also possible that these guys placed bets on this game. LSU scores, and there goes the spread.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

and why is it that in our last 2 loses to Auburn, it's a controversial penalty not in our favor, that costs us a chance at letting the game be decided by the players?!

Coincidence???? :confused: :dis: