Post from next door regarding our coaching debacle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 9, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You gonna call me a pessimist now but I don’t see winning 9 this season as a great feat when 6 of the teams we won against either lost their head coach before, during, or after the season. Credit O for Auburn, but the loss to Troy and MSST were brutal. I think if there was no Troy loss this season would be a success. I may be being too hard but that’s how I see it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m at D+ with the Canada/Ensminger fiasco. A strong recruiting finish could get me to C-. That’s a disappointment even giving lenience for trying to clean up Miles’ mess.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Well this is depressing as hell.

HalloweenRun, TigerTap and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

Heard Mickey Joseph is doing a good job recruiting one of the high caliber guys left on our board. Hope we process Jospeh the day after NSD.

5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

What is disturbing is if there is truth that Gilbert wanted to bring his staff and they turned him down. The ass clowns we have now are not getting it done and that includes SE. All of these high paid guys know they could get canned at any time so we need not feel like we owe them something. If a wholesale change on offense is what it takes then so be it. The guy who just won his 6th championship did not hesitate to replace his QBs and rb last night. It’s amazing there are so many millionaires in Louisiana with the stupidity that floats among these decision makers. This explains a whole lot about why we can’t get great coaches. We don’t know how to fix it but we want to dictate to those that do how they should!

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What I find surprising is how Alleva just rolled over and let him take this huge gamble being everyone including Alleva’s neck is on the line with this one.

TigerTap, ParadiseiNC and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Same problem Texas, UT and A&M have; idiots at the top.

Bengal B and Pjoe like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

How do we spend top dollar on D and totally piece together the side of the ball that’s been garbage for time immemorial? A&M just bought a Ferrari and were still repairing our 30 year old jalopy?

Damn it. I hope and pray Steve E and O can prove us all wrong. It would be great. They’ve already kind of exceeded expectations twice.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The difference is we have the all time losing-est sec coach while they don't. And we are finding out why he holds that esteemed title. But yeah maybe his expediting his own exit is best for everyone.

cul2969 and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

Despite his all time losingest title, he got us 9 wins this year and a new year’s bowl. Maybe that’s inspite of his inadequacies, and I still mark 2017 as a failure, but there is a slight glimmer of hope somewhere in there. Recruiting class isn’t too bad, seems to meet needs better than Les did (even during an off year for LA).

It would be a hell of a story, against all odds, Orgeron and his Expendables delivered LSU to its finest hour. That’s the dreamer in me.