Post your Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 11, 2015.

?

What will LSU's regular season record be

1. 12-0

8.2%
  2. 11-1

6.8%
  3. 10-2

30.1%
  4. 9-3

32.9%
  5. 8-4

19.2%
  6. 7-5

2.7%
  7. worse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I predicted stardom for Harris early last season. I hope I was just a year early

Brian likes this.
  2. msully

msully Founding Member

I think 8 -4 Two reasons Offense and Defense. QB's lack ability keep and move the ball. Defense is a question , .The answer to that may surprise me .Hope it does but I am not betting on it .

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What surprises me is that I understood that the first time I read it:)

TwistedTiger likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Brian likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm OK as long as Sports Illustrated doesn't put us on the cover.

P&G_wheelz007 and furduknfish like this.
  7. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

No reason LSU shouldn't finish 11-1

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh boy, I really hope you are right...

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Finebaum hates LSU. I have been listening to his show the last 5 seasons, he is always down on LSU. I think its because he used to live in Louisiana and LSU fans drove him crazy.

Here is my theory on why Kirk and others believe in LSU: LSU has had multiple 10 wins seasons with subpar QB play. If LSU fielded a stronger defense last year, they would have won 10 games again. Putrid D against State, Auburn and Notre Dame...... and a defensive stand away from knocking off Alabama (You win 2 of those 4 and you get your 10 wins). Would we have won the SEC, I doubt it. Why? That's where we need the QB to step in.

Now, I agree our D was one of the main reasons we won 8 games..... so I am not taking credit from them, that's why I said "stronger D" because they were plenty strong. Going into that Bama game LSU was improving week over week with a chance to create like a 4 or 5 way tie in the SEC West with a win. After that loss, it sucked the life out of the team which lead to a terrible performance against Arky, and we all know Chavis has 1-1/2 feet out the door against Notre Dame that lead to another loss even though LSU was the better team.

If LSU had won 2 of those 4 games above, nobody would be focusing as much on the fact that we only beat 1 Power 5 team by more than 6 points and we are on this downward spiral and blah blah blah....rather they would have LSU near the top because we are talking about a team that won 10 games in the SEC west last year and a bunch more positive blah blah blah

The reality is this, yes LSU is a QB away from being a power house playoff contender. We will have a slightly better or similar defense, our skill positions on offense are year more experienced and better, and if we can get decent play from our QB, that might just be enough to get them in the playoffs due to the skill level on the rest of this roster. The measure for LSU to close the gap and be amongst the TCU, OSU, Bama, Baylors of the world, is MUCH smaller than any other team coming back from an 8 win season last year.

LaSalleAve, Winston1 and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If it was a talent show LSU would a top 3 team, but it's what you get out of that talent that counts.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.