Post your SUGAR BOWL Events, Parties & Gatherings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by xlnsports, Dec 10, 2003.

1. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

HEY PAULP

Paul P and Ramah, if I bring a sign that has your names on it will you give me a beer?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I plan to post the bars that will be the "unofficial" school headquarters as soon as they are announced.

Also, here's to scheduling some informal OU-LSU fan get-togethers to watch the Rose Bowl. It'll be one, big USC hatefest!

How fun!

3. tntgr

tntgr Freshman

I spent my money on the Atlanta trip last weekend. It was well worth the price. For those of us who cannot make the trip to the big game, where are your local get-togethers going to be?

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Re: HEY PAULP

you bet ... with proof of age 21 ... ;)

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I'm not as fortunate as some of you to attend the game or even be in the great state of Louisiana. However, we'll have a Sugar Bowl Party here in Iowa. I'm planning to rent a 52" tv just for the game. If you will listen from time to time, you might here us. Lots of Iowa fans will be here cheering my tigers on.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Having a Sugar Bowl party at my place here in Boston. Gonna cook up some jambalaya and a gumbo and watch these New Englanders eat up and cheer for :lsup: while watching the game on my big screen!!!!

7. rmcalleg

rmcalleg Freshman

GEAUX TIGERS, National Championship is a home game, BABY

Here's an idea to get tickets at face value:

Go down to New Orleans and walk around the Super Dome until you find a scalper. Get a ticket price(probably $1000 mimimim) from a scalper, then call over a uniformed policeman to come over and stand next to you as you ask the scalper for the ticket price once again. As it is illegal to sell tickets in Louisiana for above face value, the scalper will be forced to sell the tickets at face value or face arrest.

LSU fans, Dust off the "Everybody's All American video", watch it again, it starts out with LSU beating Oklahoma in the 1955 Suger Bowl.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Sounds like a good idea on the surface...but there are 2 problems with your scenario:

1. There's never a cop around when you need one. That's just a simple fact of life.

2. If you SHOULD manage to find a cop, all the scalper has to do is clam up and refuse to sell his ticket to you. Nothing illegal
    about that.

9. Tgernfla

Tgernfla Freshman

Are there any other Tiger fans around Jacksonville Fl.

If so are you gathering to watch the game?:geaux:

10. bucklsu

bucklsu Freshman

Are they going to have a the sugar bowl on big screen in the hornets arena for the people that can't get in to the game?