Post your SUGAR BOWL Events, Parties & Gatherings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by xlnsports, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: HEY PAULP

iluvdatiger, did you get a ticket to the game? Are you going to have to marry CRAWFISH to get the ticket? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

They announced today that it will definitely NOT happen. They cited "private parties" as the reason.

3. teamind

teamind Freshman

I will be arriving at the Astor Crown Plaza Friday AM. & will be flowing with the crowd throughout the weekend right up to the time LSU wins the NC!!!

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

NICE hotel. I've stayed there a couple of times, including Halloween night. Brand new, and in a good location, too.

5. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

about my ticket situation

well for those inquiring minds that want to know, CRAWFISH chickened out and didn't meet me at the caterie. He said he went out of town or something. But I can understand, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I still don't have a ticket though. My friends ragged me all night about me meeting CRAWFISH. The band that was playing was my favorite local band, so I had a good time anyways.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: about my ticket situation

I saw your pictures and you look great. I can't believe he chickened out. I remember CRAWFISH as the kid who lived next to the school where we used to play basketball a few years back. He seemed like a good kid and was pretty tough playing hoops with us "older guys" but for all I know maybe he grew up to be one of those sensitive guys who aren't afraid to show their "feminine side" if you know what I mean. I hope you get to go to the game somehow.

7. Shrimpnose

Shrimpnose Freshman

The HATT is gonna be layin it down at S Rampart and Poydras. Ck out their site. http://www.hattigers.com/wherefind.php

Myself and 3 friends rented some parking lot space at Poydras and S Claiborne, so we'll be TailGating from Dec 31st till kickoff. GEAUX Tigers.

I think on just about every block there will be a party!!

Atlanta was sweet but the Sugar Bowl party will be sweeter than cracker barrels' sweet tea

8. tigerdiehard

tigerdiehard Freshman

Entercom's Big Ass Tiger Bash

I think this is the same as the TV show/Pep rally that we had 2 years ago at Tipitinas in the warehouse district.

On Friday, January 2nd, Generations Hall is going to become as volatile as Mike the Tiger’s den. The party kicks off at 3pm, and in true spirit of LSU tradition, “Beat the Clock” will begin. Starting at 3pm, all drinks will be $1, and each hour that strikes on the clock, drinks will go up $1, until it concludes at 7pm. At 7:30pm, doors open. Our approximation is about 4000 fans. After the concert, the party continues in the same fashion it began. Judging from the stamina of LSU fans, it took them 45 years to get here...it’ll at least take them until dawn to slow down!

For more info:
    http://www.wwl.com

9. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

HATT

Yay! I will definitly be at the HATT party.

10. Geaux LSU

Geaux LSU Freshman

:lsug: My sister is visiting out here in AZ for a few days, but she works at a bar in the quarter called Fritzels. She has expressed concern because the bar owner has decided to root for Oklahoma because he doesn't believe LSU fans will be spending any money. I think we should be expressing our wish that all bars in the quarter, especially on Bourbon, should be cheering for LSU. I think we should call the bar and let them know our thoughts about either having a Sugar Bowl or LSU theme, NOT OU! The phone number at Fritzel's is 504-561-0432; you should ask for Alex.

This is a fun intimate jazz club that I've always enjoyed going to, it would be fun to have some pregame drinks here; we need to show the local bars that LSU fans know how to party!

My sister does not want to be mentioned, so that she can keep her job!!