Postgame Interview. Is he manic?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cmspeedy, Oct 2, 2010.

1. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

My post history is totally negative? Before today, I only had 2 posts. One of which was not negative. Even today, if you read what I've written, some of it is suggesting strategy, which is not negative.

You claim to hate to be a post count nazi, and yet you are. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am regardless of whether you think my post count is high enough. 5000 posts or not, that's B.S.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

No, actually, before the end of the LSU/UT game, you had one post. It was a recruiting question. Other than that, every post is from today (yesterday), and are 100% negative, at least against Miles. You do know I can go read em all, right? I'll give you this...you aren't ranting about anything. Just don't understand only posting because a bad thing happened, and you wanna complain about the coach. Lots of good things happen and are discussed here. Makes you seem more negative than you probably are. Look at it this way...at least you have more posts now. :D

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Just watched all 8+ minutes for the first time. Bonnette hides his face because he's laughing because Miles is so fired up that he cursed twice, which obviously he rarely does on camera.

Miles basically said that Jarrett Lee is the starter, that the coaches screwed up (he didn't mention CG, but he fell way short of protecting him), and he definitely put more of the onus on the players than he normally does.

Some folks will say he's not taking the blame. And maybe that's right.

Regardless, I think he's doing what he should be doing - pressing a team that has more talent than it is showing to get with the program.

I just hope he's also looking hard at the program...

4. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Hold on one second. The guy comes on to state his opinion and gets blasted? We are all frustrated about yesterday's debacle but give the guy a break. Instead of people being able to state their opinion on a FAN forum, they get blasted by other fans. You sir are out of line...

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The one thing that struck me about the press conference is what I read between the lines from his comments (I realize there is danger in trying to make sense of what CLM says sometimes).

I get the sense that Miles views the team as an organism or monolithic entity. He kept referring to things like how he feels the team ill "trim its own fat", etc.

I agree that some will jump on the "he's not taking blame" argument, but I find this a little more fascinating in that Miles inherently understands the balancing act that public commentary must exist in and that he is not specifically calling out any player or assistant coach. He praised Lee's efforts but any and all criticism was attributed to the nebulous living, breathing creature "the team".

This season is turning out to be an improbable, MADcap, strange trip leading one of two outcomes: a fanciful, far-fetched run at an SEC and possibly BCS title or a dagger in the heart of LSU fans.

Right now either one is possible.

6. 18handicap

18handicap Founding Member

After watching the post game interview, Miles reminds me of George W. Bush's press conferences that David Letterman used to make fun of ("Famous Presidential Speeches"). I feel bad for the direction that our program is going. I hope it gets better soon.

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am glad he is finally realizing that it's time to give Lee the green light.

I think he should press the "fat" out of the brains of the offense with more discipline!

8. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I would still not go for a president who talks and sounds good but doesn't deliver:D

1 person likes this.
  9. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

I love that Kraft olive oil mayonaise! It tastes good and is good for me!(SWEET! made it to 126!!)

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

How can you folks watch (endure) this stuff? I quickly terminated the video after "we wanted to throw a ball out of a one back personnel"

I just could not watch it. And I could not stop it quick enuf.