Postgame Interview. Is he manic?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cmspeedy, Oct 2, 2010.

1. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

My wife was amazed that ol' Les socked his thumb in his nose while being interviewed. I swear that I could hear tiger fans gasping all the way in Birmingham.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

You need to get to Stage 6. They you'll understand. (search Pharpe)

3. cmspeedy

cmspeedy Veteran Member

ROFL. I was so pissed I forgot!!

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I almost died laughing when he did that (again...). And I'm almost crying laughing typing this just thinking about it.

He is so bad in front of the camera that I bet the producers CANNOT WAIT until the interview...they're all, "OK - here we GO...Les in 3, 2,....."

5. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

I think, to me, the most disturbing thing about watching Miles is this. He does not project the impression of being in control of this team. Just like he does not give the impression of being in control of the game strategy. Or the time clock/field position strategy. Or..... fill in the blank .

Even when he went on that famous rant when rumors of a move to Michigan were swirling, he projected anger but not control. He seems to forever be "reacting" not "controlling". He seems as surprised as we are when things occur. His responses are like that of a bystander. He's waiting to see what happens just like we are.

Smart coaches think, plan, execute, roll with the punches and change plans on the fly in response to a changing situation. Just don't see that with Miles. He's like a freaking barge on the Mississippi River. Takes 6 tugs and 47 conversations with the Coast Guard and maybe a bounce off some bridge pilings in order to change course.

Compare that with other great coaches. For example. Did you ever have any doubt that Saban was in total control? Love or hate him, he maintains control over his team and the game.

JMHO. Your mileage may vary.

By the way, I got stuck working and have only seen clips of the game. If anyone knows of a scheduled replay, please let me know. Would like to see it in it's entirety, not just that glorious ending. :rolleye33:

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You're right. I should've looked the other way. I wouldn't say he got "blasted" though. And he didn't just come here today. He came here LAST season after the OM game. Then waits another year to post. Pretty clear he only wants to "state his opinion" if it involves Miles screwing up. 1 post not concerning Miles in a negative light in a year of membership? But whatever...I should've been asleep when he was "stating his opinion".