Posts That Have Gotten Red

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Sep 18, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The rep system is pretty dumb. I very rarely use it. I will green someone who makes a truly great post, but I bet it has been over a year since I gave anyone bad rep. I don't worry about rep because there are chidren on this board who are very petty. Before the rep system went anom most neg rep came from people contributing little to the conversation. I assume it is the same children leaving it more frequently now that they do not have to worry about retaliation hurting their precious score.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

It's a joke. Don't take it so seriously... but thanks for the red anyway.

[​IMG]

Once again, thanks to those trying to help negate those bad ones... hahahah... this is a dot fest...

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19rVKy_pfFU[/MEDIA]

I love dots. I also love funfetti cake because it has dots. :thumb:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i hate people who talk about it. everyone who does gets red. my new rule.

5. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

I've been putting my name in the comments section or the same statement I made in the thread that I gave the rep points on. But they have all been green so nobody has reason to bitch I guess. I don't remember the last time I gave negative rep points, I just either argue my case in the thread or ignore it. Which I guess kinda negates the whole rep thingy doesnt it? :confused:

Green to all the Auburn regulars. :thumb:

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I don't have a problem with getting a red dot if somebody disagrees with what I say, but I'd like to know who is disagreeing with me. If you're going to disagree with somebody, give them red and back it up in the thread, don't just leave an anonymous comment such as, "BS" or "I don't like you".

At the same time, I find it pretty petty to give somebody red, simply because they're still pissed that Matt Flynn is the back up QB, since apparently writing a post that supports JR as the starting QB is grounds for negative reputation in some people's eyes.

I think the reputation system here is good because it separates those posters who contribute in a positive way to the discussions on this board from those who come in simply to stir up the pot. But making it anonymous allows people to give negative rep just for the hell of it, thereby negating what I think is the purpose of the whole reputation system in general.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I've gotten red dots for agree-ing with a someone's point of view. That's the offense I committed. Don't feel bad. I feel that neg rep should only be given for disrespect, calling someone out, or some other egregious (sp?) offense, not because you have a different opinion. With it being anonymous, you have these cowards who dish out red with no fear of repercussion. If you want to give me red, that's fine. But at least have the stones to let me know who you are.

8. Broke

Broke Founding Member

This thread is the EVIL bearer of red star!! Make it go away, my reputation is forever tarnished. Who started this thread anyway?

9. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not really aware you could not see who gave you red or green until a little while after it came back.

When I give red or green, my comment to them is usually close to the post that I have given the points for, or I have told them in the post that I gave them something.

I also like knowing who gives you red or green, if I have gotten red from somebody I am usually a little more careful when I am responding to a post of theirs so I don't make them mad at me again.

10. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Is that a picture of yourself in your signature?

I always pictured you much skinnier. Kind of a taller version of geauxscott.